Farcry 6

Caporegime
I’m enjoying this a lot more now I have some gear with +movement speed, it finally feels like a Far Cry game to me.

The world is huge with loads to do, it has that “one more thing” feel to it, you end up playing for hours before you know it.

Soldato
OP
I’m enjoying this a lot more now I have some gear with +movement speed, it finally feels like a Far Cry game to me.

The world is huge with loads to do, it has that “one more thing” feel to it, you end up playing for hours before you know it.
That’s good to hear :) Looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

Soldato
Also what’s up with respawning enemies? Kill a bunch, move 10 yards and they’ve spawned all around you again. Highly annoying.

You know what makes this more funny is that enemy areas have them reinforcement towers you can deactivate, yet even doing that, enemies still spawn out of thin air which makes them towers utterly pointless, might just have been the mission (early mission with flamethrower) I was doing but its utterly stupid.

Soldato
The respawning enemies have totally put me off this game. I had a mission to destroy loads of the poison. I stealthily killed all the enemies, went to get in a jeep with a gun on the top and then half of the enemies had respawned making destroying the barrels a PITA. The devs have responded on their forums saying this will be looked into. I'm glad I rent games as I'll just send it back and pick it up again in a couple of months.

Soldato
OP
Been playing for a few hours this morning. Really enjoying it! Found a shotgun south of the first island that shoots flame rounds or something as enemies burst into flames with it :p

Soldato
This has become boring, dull and repetitive very quick. The spawning enemies and helicopters ruin it too. Was fun for the first few hours but now further in it’s just a slog. The screen tearing is also really annoying me this game engine really needs some work putting in to it.

Soldato
This has become boring, dull and repetitive very quick. The spawning enemies and helicopters ruin it too. Was fun for the first few hours but now further in it’s just a slog. The screen tearing is also really annoying me this game engine really needs some work putting in to it.

Have you played the others? It's more of the same as always with Ubisoft. Also don't you have a series x and LG CX so VRR on? Or playing on ps5?

Soldato
Have you played the others? It's more of the same as always with Ubisoft. Also don't you have a series x and LG CX so VRR on? Or playing on ps5?

Yes played them all don’t remember the npc spawning being so bad in the previous games. I do have a C9 and SX but playing on PS5.

Caporegime
I’ve only noticed tearing on my Series X once in probably 20 hours and it was whilst flying a plane. One 10 second freeze as well but apart from that it’s been smooth.

Soldato
I think Ive played them all to some degree, not completed all of them though. FC5 I put a good amount of time into. But this I got about 2 hours in and had enough.

Yeah tbh I’m the same it’s just not doing it for me the enemy spawning just makes every encounter the same. Luckily cex will give me the same for what I paid so will pick it up at a later date or wait for game pass.

Associate
I've been playing on the PS5 for about 3 hours and so far I've not any had issue with respawning. Have I not got that far yet or has it been patched already? I never spotted an update for it.

Caporegime
I've been playing on the PS5 for about 3 hours and so far I've not any had issue with respawning. Have I not got that far yet or has it been patched already? I never spotted an update for it.

Seems to be in locations where missions take place. I can think of two specific examples where it happens, both times I visited not on a mission and the respawning was horrendous. Sure enough both locations were part of a mission further down the line.

Soldato
Seems to happen in missions like the tobacco fields one. I've played a lot over the weekend and I've only noticed it once or twice. Not too bothered I like shooting things. Just taking my time clearing each area as I go.

Soldato
Yeah it happens in the areas outlined in red that are not main bases, checkpoints, AA battery or the like.

Pity there is no Hurk in it.. :( I think he could have easily replaced chicharron's owner.

There doesnt appear to be any boss level enemies.

Oh and going to Esperanza early in the game is a nightmare.. It took me an hour to get out!

Also i dont know if its a problem with the engine but it has happened on all previous games. After playing for a while the audio will go strange. Its like the depth of audio has completely changed and you can often not hear a lot of sound. It has happened a few times now, one pain was when it happened right in the middle of an operations mission to the theme park.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom