Energy Suppliers

Soldato
I can remember from before it was privatised. You only paid for what you used no emptying your bank account on what they think you might use. Also someone used to come and read the meter for you.

Someone remind me why that was the bad old days?

For as long as I have been paying my own bills which has been a while, its always been quarterly payments, the first shift I remember is when they started to charge you for not paying by direct debit, that was the first shift from actually the companies giving you usage in credit, to where we are now where they trying to keep a credit balance to cover future usage, as now days it seems standard practice to increase direct debits too high. I used to at one point ring up after getting my bill to make manual payments. Probably 15+ years ago now.

Soldato
I can remember from before it was privatised. You only paid for what you used no emptying your bank account on what they think you might use. Also someone used to come and read the meter for you.

Someone remind me why that was the bad old days?
Ask your provider. I only pay for what i use, balance is always £0. If i use £60 i pay £60 if i use £140 i pay £140.

Soldato
What happens if no one wants said customers? I mean these are private companies.

Backup plan is that ofgem steps in and takes over. They'd only do that if one of the big 6 go under though as they have too many customers to pass on to another company.

Guy from ovo was talking about it on Andrew Marr this morning.

Associate
Finally got the prices from British Gas, now pfp are no longer my provider. My night rate has gone from 10p to nearly 12p which isn't bad. However, the day rate has moved from 12p to nearly 25p! :( Woolly jumpers and no heating it is this winter! Hopefully it won't be a bad winter and in the spring I can look at getting central heating sorted.

Permabanned
Finally got the prices from British Gas, now pfp are no longer my provider. My night rate has gone from 10p to nearly 12p which isn't bad. However, the day rate has moved from 12p to nearly 25p! :( Woolly jumpers and no heating it is this winter! Hopefully it won't be a bad winter and in the spring I can look at getting central heating sorted.
buy wood burn a fire .. will be cheaper
electric will be my down fall ... £70 last month up from £45 .. argggg
but gas was only £30 and it's on most nights

Back
Top Bottom