*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Even haye would destroy AJ. Complete fanny.

That's a stretch, Bellew dealt with Haye twice. Joshua just needs to find a balance between the old pre-Ruiz Joshua and the current slightly timid version he's become. He has many great assets to cause the vast majority of current heavyweights, massive problems. Haye isn't even in the equation anymore.

Soldato
AJ reminds me a lot like Lewis.

Lewis lost surprisingly to McCall, like AJ losing to Ruiz. Then Lewis again lost to Rahman.

Lewis then went on to become a legend in his era

Defining moment next for AJ.

Soldato
AJ reminds me a lot like Lewis.

Lewis lost surprisingly to McCall, like AJ losing to Ruiz. Then Lewis again lost to Rahman.

Lewis then went on to become a legend in his era

Defining moment next for AJ.
Yep, either AJ turns this around now or his career is finished. To be honest I don't see him beating Fury even if he does somehow manage to beat Usyk so maybe his career is finished anyway?

Soldato
I don't think is true because he looked quality against Pulev. He's just upped his level of competition and got his limitations exposed. AJ has always had suspect defense and stamina. I had him behind against Wlad for instance who was outworking him. Usyk made him work at a pace beyond what he could handle and he had no clue how to deal with the southpaw angles, throwing the wrong punches from the wrong positions.
Come on, Pulev? His biggest scalp is Delboy Chisora. He's literally fought nobodies or up and comers like Hughie Fury, His KO record is 50% - even Fury has knocked more people out. Joshua's lost 2 in 4, he was so cautious in the rematch with an even fatter Ruiz that he almost forgot how to fight. When you compare calibre of fighters that Lewis went in with it's night and day. It was all there for AJ but I think he has blown it. Easy pay day for Usyk or Fury.

Associate
Both Holyfield & Foreman (who I think was 42 there) showed great skills & shuddering power , skills (imo)that Fury has never shown, he's ok & a bit awkward/difficult & fair play to him he's tough , but for me he's no great.

People don't see some of the skills Fury has. But he can shoulder roll and I think's he's the only HW bar James Toney, who's mastered it. His feinting is fantastic, albeit used infrequently last night. His footwork is incredible for a man his size, albeit it not so much last night

He is more fluid than Holyfield, Bowe was more fluid than Holyfield. Holyfield was very technically sound, great stamina and combination puncher. But very easy to hit. Fury has 7 inches of height on Holyfiend and god knows what amount of reach. Holyfield went 5-1 against Bowe and Lewis the 6'5 fighters of his era. I can't for the life of me see him coping well another 4 inches in height and even more reach

BTW that version of Foreman isn't very good. He was going life and death with a gatekeeper Alex Stewart who Tyson blasted out in a round and lost every round to Tommy Morrison.

Associate
Come on, Pulev? His biggest scalp is Delboy Chisora. He's literally fought nobodies or up and comers like Hughie Fury, His KO record is 50% - even Fury has knocked more people out. Joshua's lost 2 in 4, he was so cautious in the rematch with an even fatter Ruiz that he almost forgot how to fight. When you compare calibre of fighters that Lewis went in with it's night and day. It was all there for AJ but I think he has blown it. Easy pay day for Usyk or Fury.

My point is I don't think AJ beat any particularly good fighters bar Wlad where outside of the KO he looked bad and he's getting found out with primed opponents. The warning signs were always there with AJ. A porous defense. Only fighting for parts of rounds and taking the rest of the round off. Fighting at a slow pace. Getting rocked by Povetkin and Whyte.

AJ didn't want to exchange with Ruiz because he lost the exchanges in the first fight. With Usyk he fought probably the fittest most skilled fighter he's ever fought and I think it's his first southpaw. Some boxers are just dreadful against southpaws and it looks like AJ is one of those.

Soldato
My point is I don't think AJ beat any particularly good fighters bar Wlad where outside of the KO he looked bad and he's getting found out with primed opponents. The warning signs were always there with AJ. A porous defense. Only fighting for parts of rounds and taking the rest of the round off. Fighting at a slow pace. Getting rocked by Povetkin and Whyte.

AJ didn't want to exchange with Ruiz because he lost the exchanges in the first fight. With Usyk he fought probably the fittest most skilled fighter he's ever fought and I think it's his first southpaw. Some boxers are just dreadful against southpaws and it looks like AJ is one of those.
What's a South paw?

Caporegime
That fight went on at least 2 rounds too long, arguably 4 rounds. Wilder was offering nothing from the 7th onwards.

It's funny because leading up to the fight he was all about how he hadn't learnt anything new, his trainer has just made him realise something he already had. What, like a jab to the body? Ground breaking that is. :/

His footwork, jab and cardio are all amateur level. He needs to stop worrying about putting muscle mass on and actually learn some fundamental boxing technique.

Soldato

When he pays his due to that charity he promised his first Wilder purse to.

Usyk next then retire big fella.

obviously very good with his money and all setup to just retire at the top.

Very good, I doubt the charity I mentioned above would agree.

Back
Top Bottom