"Better" Windows 10 without Telemetry & Bloatware?

Soldato
Just courius to what version of Windows 10 you guys are using that don't really want all the telemetry crap and bloatware installed?

I heard that windows 10 LTSC is better because it does not include all this? What about IOT or POS ready versions?

I just want my gaming rig to be as efficient as possible, without bloatware or telemetry using up the network or more memory while i game.

Soldato
Just courius to what version of Windows 10 you guys are using that don't really want all the telemetry crap and bloatware installed?

I heard that windows 10 LTSC is better because it does not include all this? What about IOT or POS ready versions?

I just want my gaming rig to be as efficient as possible, without bloatware or telemetry using up the network or more memory while i game.
What I tend to do is download the ISO from Microsoft then use MSMG toolkit to remove everything I dont want.

You can download the MSMG toolkit from here

https://msmgtoolkit.in/downloads.html

Man of Honour
The difference is quite noticeable as well - after removing all that stuff on a new laptop it reduced the idle CPU use from 2-5% to 0-0.1 with the odd fluctuation to 1%. Problem is you keep having to stay on top of it with newer updates to the OS hence one of the reasons the machines I use most are on Windows 7 where it is still possible.

Soldato
The difference is quite noticeable as well - after removing all that stuff on a new laptop it reduced the idle CPU use from 2-5% to 0-0.1 with the odd fluctuation to 1%. Problem is you keep having to stay on top of it with newer updates to the OS hence one of the reasons the machines I use most are on Windows 7 where it is still possible.
I installed the wrong ISO when I did mine and it was the original. This by default had 130 processes from boot up.

I installed the stripped down iso on to a VM to test it actually worked and went down to 105 processes

Soldato

Its really annoying ms seem to think its acceptable to keep enabling these settings, as well as harassing people to get ms accounts at every feature update (or what ever they call the release)

Soldato
I just made a W10 Pro version yesterday.

I guess you get the same options etc for W11 as its just 10 with a new skin?
Yes, plus the added option of removing hardware check on installation, so it bypasses the TPM, secure boot and unsupported CPU stuff.

That said, the start menu of Windows 11 had a bunch of crap in it still, but I don't think these programs were actually installed, just a sort of shortcut to the windows store.

Caporegime
What I tend to do is download the ISO from Microsoft then use MSMG toolkit to remove everything I dont want.

You can download the MSMG toolkit from here

https://msmgtoolkit.in/downloads.html

I followed the instructions from this guys video and was amazed at the difference a stripped out version gives, much faster boot times and the system (an aged 4790k) seems much more responsive, I’m imagining what he’s doing in the video amounts to the same thing as you refer to or am I missing a trick? - I found following his guide quite involving but worth the effort. :)

Soldato

I followed the instructions from this guys video and was amazed at the difference a stripped out version gives, much faster boot times and the system (an aged 4790k) seems much more responsive, I’m imagining what he’s doing in the video amounts to the same thing as you refer to or am I missing a trick? - I found following his guide quite involving but worth the effort. :)
Same person I followed but using MSMG on his site.

G J

G J

Associate
I was intrested in using MSMG Toolkit but the link on their site doesnt work as its Mega account is suspended so I went searching for another mirror and upon downloading this from the majorgeeks site Windows defender flags it as a Potentially Unwanted Software: Program:AndroidOS/Multiverze.

So then I signed up to mydigitallife forums as the developer is on there and tried out some of the mirrors posted there and version 12 still flags up in Windows defender. Version 11.10 also flags as a Trogan:Win32/Sabsik.TE.A!ml

These may be false positives but the virustotal doesnt like it either so I'm ditching the idea of using this as its too sketchy for my liking.

I'll post in the windows 10 megathread to get some other software to try.

Soldato
I was intrested in using MSMG Toolkit but the link on their site doesnt work as its Mega account is suspended so I went searching for another mirror and upon downloading this from the majorgeeks site Windows defender flags it as a Potentially Unwanted Software: Program:AndroidOS/Multiverze.

So then I signed up to mydigitallife forums as the developer is on there and tried out some of the mirrors posted there and version 12 still flags up in Windows defender. Version 11.10 also flags as a Trogan:Win32/Sabsik.TE.A!ml

These may be false positives but the virustotal doesnt like it either so I'm ditching the idea of using this as its too sketchy for my liking.

I'll post in the windows 10 megathread to get some other software to try.
The author, MSMG, has clarified that the code protection can wrongly trigger some antivirus software.
Usually code protection added to the ToolKitHelper does triggers false positive sign with some Antivirus programs.

As for the Mega account:
It was expected to go someday, since sharing of MS or any other companies copyright materials are not allowed.

I trust MSMG and I've never had an AV triggers on my installations of Windows, created with the ToolKit, even after complete and thorough scans with ESET.

G J

G J

Associate
Thats good to hear as it seems the program has been around since 2013 so its established and the mega account being suspended makes sense also as it was hosting copyright toolkit packs.

This may be a case of false positives but I will see if theres other software that will do something simillar.

Caporegime
a lot of long standing software has suddenly decided to cash grab with addware and other crap though.

even software that was known for being minimal.

age doesn't mean anything

Back
Top Bottom