Just the same install as W10?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Well, tomorrow I have decided to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. Just wanting a check list first before i do it.

Simply (now my machine is "ready for W11") download the Media Creation Tool, put the file onto a blank USB drive, reboot with USB selected as primary and have the USB key in the machine? And then im guessing it will load into the W11 setup?

Same, or similar setting up to W10??

Associate
Interesting to hear how Win 11 pans out before taking the jump. From what I've seen it seemingly is higher in resources than win 10 for now bone stock.

Being a simmer, I need all the umph to run my games as optimally as possible.

Will be watching this space over the coming months while the the bugs, and optimization follows.

With the above said, wondering if a clean install is needed.

Soldato
OP
Just setup a new install on W11. First time I setup a media creation tool, but was quick and easy, and no problems installing.

Caporegime
Honestly zero reasons to upgrade right now unless you're just curious.

I've upgraded my main gaming machine to 11 and its almost visually identical.

The only things differences ive come across are annoyances. 2 menus to go through to right click and select cut and paste.

its probably changeable.

give it 6 months.

i might roll back if theres an option. just not interesting enough for me.

Soldato
The only things differences ive come across are annoyances. 2 menus to go through to right click and select cut and paste.

You use the icons at the top of right click to cut and paste, no need to goto "show more options" unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Soldato
As said there's little icons to cut,paste,delete
There's also a registry hack to go go back
To the windows 10 context menu
If you get annoyed about extra clicking for the other things
That are in the more options bit

Back
Top Bottom