• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 intel 6600k and windows 11

Associate
hi guys i have a asus h170 pro mother board with a i5 6600k in it windows says that is not good enough for w11 can anyone advise a cpu that would work with w11 on this board without breaking the bank as i have recently retired and am not flush with money , or am i flogging a dead horse and have to update my whole system .

Not sure tbh, it wouldn't surprise me.

We are holding off installing Windows 11 by default until they sort the performance and other issues out.
It's like every Microsoft OS release, it takes them a good month or two of patching to get it working right lol.

Associate
OP
so at the moment my m/board and cpu are at a crossroads ,stick with what i have and w10 or upgrade system m/board,cpu . my system is now 6 years old ,the time passes quickly .

Man of Honour
What do you want Win 11 for? Are you a gamer? If you just want the looks I expect there will be updates for that. it's more likely your CPU will bottleneck you before Windows 10 is a problem.

Associate
so at the moment my m/board and cpu are at a crossroads ,stick with what i have and w10 or upgrade system m/board,cpu . my system is now 6 years old ,the time passes quickly .

Stick with 10 the only reason I updated my 6600 was first person shooters and playing with friends

Everything else work fine

Back
Top Bottom