Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
Our main LGBT+ group have spoke out. Go right ahead and tell them they are wrong and how they should be feeling. Go right ahead.

Did you actually read that? I don't mean did you simply look at it, but did you actually understand the words being used?

This could be viewed as an opportunity for decision makers in Saudi Arabia to witness how other cultures treat their minority groups

There is potential to be a positive influence to improving the conditions for the LGBTQ+ community in Saudi Arabia

It's all wishful thinking!

I mean, I know football fans are fickle but this is taking it to a whole new level. Let's make this absolutely blunt as it needs to be, a LGBTQ rights advocacy group is willing to support it's football club over their own rights as human beings. In Saudi Arabia, same sex activities are illegal - the fact they've relaxed laws against women, or worked with a woman to secure the club doesn't change that fact.

Soldato
You've got to admire the optimism in thinking a football club's LGBTQ supporters group has the potential to influence human rights in Saudi Arabia, whatever helps them sleep at night :p

Man of Honour
Thats a terrible statement. "Yea we know we are owned by a bunch of homophobes but but look at Man City" Absolute sports washing at its finest.

You’d have thought of all people, these groups would take a pretty hard line on it. That statement is almost dismissive, quite shocking to read.

Of course there’s nothing they can do, but that could have been worded so much better.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Newcastle fans should feel bad about the Saudis, but the people going to great lengths to defend them are a bit sickening, they’ve only been owned by them for 2 days - quite grim really.

Last edited:
Soldato
You’d have thought of all people, these groups would take a pretty hard line on it. That statement is almost dismissive, quite shocking to read.

Of course there’s nothing they can do, but that could have been worded so much better.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Newcastle fans should feel bad about the Saudis, but the people going to great lengths to defend them are a bit sickening, they’ve only been owned by them for 2 days - quite grim really.

Yea it was grim reading to be honest. Obviously they had to say something but lol at that statement.

That statement is a very long winded way to say 'We're sticking our hands over our ears, going la-la-la and enjoying the money'

Yep 100%.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That statement from the LGBTQ+ group is just funny. I'm sure they will have put out stronger statements when someone misgendered one of their members.

Man of Honour
As a Toon fan for the thick end of 35 years, this is merely another ride on the roller coaster than is being a Toon fan.

The Saudi wealth fund invests in a lot of everyday brands and businesses that will no doubt be conveniently forgotten about Newcastle's critics. Let's hope none of them use Facebook, fly on Boeing planes, use Citigroup services or fill their vehicles up at BP or Shell for starters.

The desperation for league titles and silverware is a media invention. Yes, it would be a nice bonus but all Toon fans want is to watch the game, watch good football and walk away happy that the team gave 100% no matter the result.

Soldato
OP
Newcastle not messing about.

Ralf Rangnick in talks. Sporting Director. (They are after multiple advisors to help build the clubs infrastructure/transfers)

Bruce sacked tomorrow night? Farve?

Amanda has branded the training facilities a disgrace. She stated its a good job facilities don't fall within FFP :) no point in signing Mbappe and the club doesn't have the team or training ground to match.

Tarkowski and Kamara first in through the door. Would be over the moon with Kamara. Turned us down in the summer but both could be had for cheap now because of contracts.

Jobs are already starting to flow. Loads for hospitality have been advertised.

Man of Honour
Rangnick would be a good appointment.

I'm sure Mbappe will be desperate to abandon his dream of playing for Real Madrid to play for Newcastle, maybe in the Championship :p

Soldato
Rangnick would be a good appointment.

I'm sure Mbappe will be desperate to abandon his dream of playing for Real Madrid to play for Newcastle, maybe in the Championship :p

To be fair Lequipe did run a piece on MBappe where he said it was a dream of his to play with Jonjo Shelvey and Tarchowski so it looks like it could happen. Loves a parmo too.

Back
Top Bottom