Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
OP
Finally the race we've all craved for years, although I worry that there will be a serious crash if the weather is as bad as expected. Great to see the women racing too finally and az intrigued to see who comes out on top in this as the men's race! Although I'll have to watch on delay as racing cx Sunday which may or may not be muddier...

Soldato
OP
Oh if anyone's gcn is due to run out soon British cycling have 25% off for the year. Although I couldn't get the promo code to work for my existing account so had to use another email.

Soldato
OP
That didn't disappoint. Cream rising to the top. Amazing ride to go so far out, thought vos was going ton pull it back when she attacked but just too much. Tomorrow is going to be absolutely brutal especially if that rain continues.

Vos truly is the greatest, so gracious once again in defeat!

Soldato
OP
Just seen the pictures of the blood soaked bar tape on lizzie deignans bike.... That save when she went sideways would have been good in cx... Let alone on roubaix. I think it's pretty much not stopped raining over there.

Got a lad who used to be in our club and who bears me on Thursday night tts doing the juniors today, Jacob schnabel, same team as josh tarling who put a good performance in at the world's last week.

Soldato
OP
Finished watching this last night after fast forwarding most of the earlier chunks. Moscon desperately unlucky with the puncture. If not reckon he had that in the bag. Definitely over pressured tyres on the spare, poor planning by ineos. I missed what happened to luke Rowe early on does anyone know?

Unfortunately I struggle to believe colbrelli as a rider, to go from absolutely middle of the pack average sprinter to dropping mountain climbers at the tour, then sticking it at the front like he did, although I would say tactically he played that well yesterday as he didn't do any work in the first 100k. Either way a great race throughout. Wet roubaix wasnt as crash heavy as I expected and just as mad as a dry one!

Soldato
Rowe punctured on the Arenberg and then wobbled into Mads Pedersen like a massive chopper, ending his race too, when he got back on his bike.

Colbrelli's P-R performance was at least slightly more on brand than winning mountain stages but there's no doubt he's gone up a level this year to make the attack he did and then comfortably hang with van der Poel. He never really looked in trouble and rode a smart race. I think van der Poel was too concerned with staying away from the following group and cooked himself whereas Colbrelli backed his sprint either way.

Soldato
OP
Marianne vos is an animal, obviously running better form than the cxers afte a long road season but coming out and putting the world champ in her place over in America yesterday! Neff the Olympic champ coming home 4th...

Back
Top Bottom