What TV shows are you currently watching

Just finished episode one of Northwater and so far I think it is excellent.

A stellar cast and quality acting.

Have to admit that I had to cover my eyes when they were shooting the seals though and then clubbing them to death.

For some reason I can stomach anything blood thirsty and torturous happening to humans but just not animals :rolleyes:

Just watched Killer in My Family.

This episode was mainly interviews with Lisa Montgomery's (who was the woman executed in January this year in America), older sister and her daughter and their thoughts on her heinous crime and the childhood abuse they suffered.

She was executed in early January for befriending and then murdering Bobbie Jo and cutting out her baby, to pass off as her own.

I don't agree with executions at all and although I have sympathy for her, going through such a terrible childhood, it still doesn't excuse what she did.

However it was a desperately awful tragedy for everyone involved and those effected.

Soldato
Finished squid games last night, can see why it's being raved about, and I read somewhere that it might be topping Netflix's most watched show.

Soldato
Ran out of things so been trying to watch "Into the Night"

I remember when it first came out it got dire reviews. Since then with people stuck on lockdown it jumped up a bit on IMDB similar to many other shows.

It really is terrible. The characters are terrible, the way the show manages time is terrible. It's just overall bad. Fortunately it is short.

It's a shame as it could be a good premise if done right.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Binge watching Babylon 5 remastered, it's cropped up free on Prime courtesy of IMDb.tv, so well written it makes you realise what utter tosh there is on tv these days.

Soldato
Ran out of things so been trying to watch "Into the Night"

I remember when it first came out it got dire reviews. Since then with people stuck on lockdown it jumped up a bit on IMDB similar to many other shows.

It really is terrible. The characters are terrible, the way the show manages time is terrible. It's just overall bad. Fortunately it is short.

It's a shame as it could be a good premise if done right.

I thought it was great.

Soldato
Billion Dollar Code
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15392100/

It's about the creation of Terra Vision and it's battle with Google over Google Earth and Maps.

It's four 1 hour episode. Enjoying it so far, it seems well put together.

It's format is that of a deposition which then jumps to the past when the deposed is telling their story. A bit like the film 'I Tonya'. That works ok, but it's a shame as if it was told sequentially in a linear real-time type format it could have been a European 'Halt and Catch Fire'. The actors and the characters they are portraying are very well done, but the format doesn't allow you to completely emerge yourself in it, so we lose a little depth as it chops and changes between eras.

EDIT: finished this now. Really good. It gets an 8.2/10 on IMDB, I'd rate it a little lower than that but somewhere in the close.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finished squid games last night, can see why it's being raved about, and I read somewhere that it might be topping Netflix's most watched show.

Heard on the radio that its currently the most watched tv show in 90 countries now. Thats an amazing stat for any tv show never mind one from South Korea with subtitles.

Soldato
Started Kevin Can **** Himself last week. It’s a really interesting take on sitcoms - set as half the bright lighthearted sitcoms we’re used to (think typical formulaic fare) but then the darker side set to look gritty and is from the long-suffering wife’s perspective is a drama. Hard to explain. It feels a lot like WandaVision oddly enough.

I’m 3 episodes in and the darker side is taking more and more focus and that part has real depth and potential, the lighthearted side is set in such stark contrast. Really not a safe choice for Annie Murphy as she must have had her pick of scripts following on from the wonderfulness that was Schitt’s Creek but something new and (other than WandaVision) hasn’t been done before that I’m aware of but I’d be surprised if she doesn’t win awards for it. Would recommend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom