Recommend me a cheap case that doesn't suck, that'll take the Arctic Freezer series

Soldato
Hey Guys

Looking to put together a cheap, 'recycled' parts build, and was considering grabbing an Arctic Freezer to go on it, as it's using a hot 150-250W chip, but I see a lot of the cheaper mid-tower cases are either terrible OR they don't support a ~40mm thick radiator, just the thinner ~30mm ones.

I'd been all but set on the Bitfenix Nova Mesh SE, until I realised it was limited to 28mm radiators.

Can someone recommend a mid-tower case that has reasonable cooling/airflow, and will fit the AF 240/280 :) It's not the sort of build I want to throw £100 at the case for; but at the same time I realise that many cheap cases just suck! :D

Budget is as cheap as reasonably possible (Sub £50 would be ideal), white would be a bonus.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Are you having problems baecause you want the rad at the top ?

I think the limitation on the nova at the front is due to the psu shroud so that would rsstrict a 40mmt thick 360mm rad a 240/280mm shouldn't be restricted.

Check the pictures on overclockers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
To be honest fine with front or top for the rad, more a case of most of these cases list they support maximum of 28/30mm rads at front regardless of size, not just the 240/280mm. Top mounted options were nice but not requirement.
If the 30mm restriction doesn't apply for a shorter AIO, I'm happy to stick with the Bitfenix Mesh, it looked fine for the money otherwise.

Associate
I just completed a new build and was considering doing a whole post about it. I haven't built a PC in the last 8 or so years but before that had built many for myself, friends, family etc. Back then building a PC could be a ball ache, time consuming, difficult to get looking tidy etc. This recent build was a joy and mainly because of the case I chose:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-lancool-205m-micro-atx-case-black-window-ca-026-ln.html

Everything went together so well, I put a AF II 240mm in there at the top (case spec doesnt say its supported but I saw many partpicker builds with it in) it fits like a charm. I have a MATX MB so you may need the 205 non M version fro a full ATX MB.

Associate
I'm sure if you asked nicely in the CS section they'll do it for £40 too :)
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've seen this a lot recently and am a little unsure what it means...do you mean you can make an offer to customer services on B-grade stock? Or am I completely getting the wrong end of the stick?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom