This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Started a new job 3 weeks ago - physio in the community.
Been enjoying it, getting used to a new team with a completely different way of working so trying to stay Zen and not be anxious about progressing immediately. Trying to get the lay of the land and my managers already had very good feedback from a qualified over my patient treatment and interaction which is very positive. Obviously my medical history hinders me greatly at times and the new team is very accommodating.
Also had a great response from a neurological patient after treatment and talking to them, sharing some of my experience and giving advice on goal setting and explaining the difficulty of nerve problems over broken bones which are simple and timely in comparison. I also explained ways to make the recovery exercises harder giving a better potential outcome and pitfalls which befell me.
I was told they were very introverted, closed and didn't engage fully but their feedback was it was fantastic to talk to someone who understood and had been there because they weren't able to explain it properly and I was able to expand and explain perfectly how it felt to them. This was great feedback and they advised that if the current job didn't work I would nail motivational speaking! :D:D
#proud #helpingothers

Come fix my back and you can take the H2 for a spin :p

Soldato
mfi-certification-and-link.png

Finally got Apple MFi certification confirmed on Apples website. End of a long azz process that I started at the end of last year :D

Caporegime
Is it possible to have a commercial book leather-bound/is it obscenely expensive.

There's a series I quite like but the limited edition ended up hardback not leather like some of the others. I know this can be a thing for dissertations etc. Curious if I turned up to a place woth the pdf/ebook and a paperback to show I have bought it if a place might do it and what the cost per book would be

Soldato
Is it possible to have a commercial book leather-bound/is it obscenely expensive.

There's a series I quite like but the limited edition ended up hardback not leather like some of the others. I know this can be a thing for dissertations etc. Curious if I turned up to a place woth the pdf/ebook and a paperback to show I have bought it if a place might do it and what the cost per book would be
I've seen some very involved projects making production books into giant ornate tomes lately. From the usual maker scene e.g. NerdForge. Maybe not the avenue you wanted but point being - you can learn binding at home and you can learn leather work at home if the craft element interests you. I'd bet there's a bookbinder who can do this if you'd rather pay, saw one on The Repair Shop yesterday. They exist!

Caporegime

probably a few hundred per book.

Rymans do bindings for dissertations etc, there's a page limit though I don't think they do books

Soldato
I've seen some very involved projects making production books into giant ornate tomes lately. From the usual maker scene e.g. NerdForge. Maybe not the avenue you wanted but point being - you can learn binding at home and you can learn leather work at home if the craft element interests you. I'd bet there's a bookbinder who can do this if you'd rather pay, saw one on The Repair Shop yesterday. They exist!
Google book binding

Soldato
Had an appointment hospital. First the APNR cameras at the car park detected the E on my reg as an F!

Then what the eye department do to meet NHS targets is sly. A nurse calls out your name near to the appt time and ask to read letters off a chart! So on the sheet I handed in to book a future visit, it said time seen as time I did a vision test! I wasn’t visiting the department for my vision! Then you usually see consultant 30-90 mins later!

Soldato
@Sui @Martynt74

Just wanted to chime in after posting a couple of years ago, that I passed my last ACCA exam on Monday. Absolutely chuffed to be done with it!

I enjoyed the process on the whole but after 3 years I'm certainly done with it for the time being. Just got to complete the ethics module and some of the write ups and I'll get my letters :)

Consigliere
Urgh trying to see if I can book something in 2 weeks - want to get a bit of sunshine. Being single bumps up the prices though and looking to be at least £500 for hotels/flights...so more with food/drink etc. :(

Soldato
Urgh trying to see if I can book something in 2 weeks - want to get a bit of sunshine. Being single bumps up the prices though and looking to be at least £500 for hotels/flights...so more with food/drink etc. :(

I've seen some bargains on HDUK for Mexico recently. One was All Inclusive for 2 for around £900

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/7-...ter-31st-oct-incl-20kg-luggage-at-tui-3809562

Granted it's gone now, but maybe you can find something similar? Otherwise maybe keep an eye on there?

All Inclusive seems to be the way forward for cheap, if you're just wanting to sit around in sun and not really do much else.

Consigliere
I've seen some bargains on HDUK for Mexico recently. One was All Inclusive for 2 for around £900

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/7-...ter-31st-oct-incl-20kg-luggage-at-tui-3809562

Granted it's gone now, but maybe you can find something similar? Otherwise maybe keep an eye on there?

All Inclusive seems to be the way forward for cheap, if you're just wanting to sit around in sun and not really do much else.

Looks very very rainy over there at the moment! Looking for at least 22c + but thank you!

Ciudad Obregón - 34c oo....googling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom