*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
It's interesting reading some of the feedback, a lot of it are things I thought "hmm" about but hadn't put into words what the issue was I'd experienced

Not knowing if any medics are around when you're down, for example
Not being able to tell who team mates are quickly
The destruction being a bit lacklustre (although fire and explosions look cool)
Vehicles missing complex damage models
Little bird mini guns not damaging infantry
There being very little on the map that's.... interesting (aside from the rocket launch pad, which is where I always ended up...)
The lack of classes
The movement being very... Call of Duty

Don't think I'll get £50 worth of value out of 2042 unfortunately

Will probably buy it next year when it's a tenner

Caporegime
I could go on for yonks but spawning into Tanks and Planes dumbed a mechanic down which never needed changing. Griefing an air strip or stealing tanks added to the game. Heck in the original BFVietnam you could airdrop tanks with the Huey. Now you can only simply call in a AI air drop. Back in BC2 you could flatten everything so there was no where to hide for campers. It was BF's unique USP. It has slowly been eroded away over the years.

I hold out hope for a bc 3

Associate
And this is why even the beta got delayed. It's in a terrible state beyond saving.

There are so many things wrong with this game, they should be ashamed for releasing it in this state.

Caporegime
It all makes sense though. They ditched all the content on BF5 due to covid. More than likely this has been made with a skeleton crew.
AFAIK other than the Frostbite helpdesk the whole of DICE Stockholm are working on this along with Splash Damage in LA working on Portal although they may have been asked to put that on hold and help out on the main game. There's no 'Skeleton crew'.

Caporegime
It all makes sense though. They ditched all the content on BF5 due to covid.

Nope, they ditched the content on bv5 as it didn't sell as well as they had hoped. Its not as if a game dev needs to be in the office to work on a game, for the most part they can do the same job at a home pc with access to assets on a network.

Caporegime
And this is why even the beta got delayed. It's in a terrible state beyond saving.

There are so many things wrong with this game, they should be ashamed for releasing it in this state.

It's a pathetic mess to say the least, as I said before it's like a free to play version of battlefield with so many things from past games missing. Destruction is like bf3 level at best, tons of animations removed, can't mount mgs, vehicle damage system gone, class system gone, ground vehicles feel like they're on ice skates, can't chuck back grenades, infantry movement is farcical and lacks any sense of weight or momentum, everyone slides around the place like the ground is made of polished marble.

Baffles me how some long time battlefield players are liking what is a bare bones, stripped back turd of a game that has about as much depth as a puddle. Apparently sped up infantry combat with vehicles dumbed down to the nth degree is what some people were hoping for. :confused:

Man of Honour
Baffles me how some long time battlefield players are liking what is a bare bones, stripped back turd of a game that has about as much depth as a puddle. Apparently sped up infantry combat with vehicles dumbed down to the nth degree is what some people were hoping for. :confused:

I like it :)

I've even explained why I like it :D

Man of Honour
If you want to pay full price for what is without doubt a reworked br/ftp game then have at it. The game is missing so many features it's laughable. :o

Well I will buy it not because it may, or may not, be a reworked br/ftp game but because I had a lot of fun in it. Thats the bottom line for why I buy any game, I mean why on earth would I not buy a game that I have fun in I ask you? Seems like an eminently logical reason to buy a game to me :D

Mind you, to be fair, if you asked me today what I think is the best BF game I have ever played, I would say BF1942 and as BF1942 also misses almost all of the features mentioned before maybe thats why the missing features mean less to me.

Caporegime
Well I will buy it not because it may, or may not, be a reworked br/ftp game but because I had a lot of fun in it. Thats the bottom line for why I buy any game, I mean why on earth would I not buy a game that I have fun in I ask you? Seems like an eminently logical reason to buy a game to me :D

You may well have had some semblance of fun, plenty of others were face palming at just how basic the game is. Unless the finished version is drastically better than this it's gonna be another bfv and be killed off before it's time.

This game basically single handedly killed the core of battlefield which was the class system in favour of a gimmick class that will be the subject of plenty of drama about them being "op" when the final game hits.

Soldato
I really wanted to like 2042 but the beta shows it's so barebones and looks like they made the game in few months from a small dev team.
My son and I both cancelled our pre-orders until release and see how it is then.

So disappointed :(:(

Caporegime
If you want to pay full price for what is without doubt a reworked br/ftp game then have at it. The game is missing so many features it's laughable. :o

'Missing features', who's to say it not deliberate? Did you happen to receive the 'the game will have X/y/z memo" when launched that no one else got? :D

You don't like it, we get it and of course you're allowed your opinion and to give feedback.

It's literally a new game, BF:2042.
Not, BF:2042(with stuff from BC2 and BF4 as we know you liked those)

Man of Honour
You may well have had some semblance of fun, plenty of others were face palming at just how basic the game is. Unless the finished version is drastically better than this it's gonna be another bfv and be killed off before it's time.

Oh I am absolutely sure that some people were indeed face palming at the game, which is unfortunate for them but thats how gaming goes, one mans crap game is another mans good game, you only have to look at the threads on this forum to see numerous games that some people liked and some people hated (Star Citizen, New World, Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Assassins Creed, Civ 6 and on and on) , so its pretty obvious some wont have liked it and I would be an idiot to think otherwise.

IF it dies off before its time then I will simply play it and enjoy it while its a going concern and then move on to the next game on my radar. No big deal , its just a game after all :)

oh and just to correct your attempt to dismiss my fun, I did not have "some semblance of fun" as you put it, I had lots of fun

kdd

kdd

Soldato
General feeling among the hardcore BF community is that BF 2042 is the rebirth of the aborted Battlefield Battle Royale game, with Conquest gameplay tacked on

Man of Honour
General feeling among the hardcore BF community is that BF 2042 is the rebirth of the aborted Battlefield Battle Royale game, with Conquest gameplay tacked on

Could be yeah and although I tend to avoid anyone who describes themselves as "hardcore" at something, there is certainly some aspects which might lend toward BR and you know what they say, "anythings possible" :)

Back
Top Bottom