What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
I should have said.. The artex stands out way more in those ultra wide pictures than in reality.

This below is what it's like unless you're staring at the ceiling. As long as it's a fresh white ceiling I'm fine it.

uc

I would have it skimmed if it was bad but as above its fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
From this: (didn't take a proper before photo of the original shower)
odSabyV.jpg

To this:
Pp15sIh.jpg

UM3BAL8.jpg

Far from perfect, but it's our only bathroom. Really I'd like to gut the whole room and start afresh but we need somewhere to bathe! Still this is a lot better than what was there before. Need to sort flooring and replace the manky old 12V spotlights.

Associate
Good job on the shower cubicle. It's giving me anxiety as I have the same job to do due to the ineptitude of the previous owner/installer. They didn't seal the wall properly so water has got in to the wall behind from where the pipes go to the mixer valve. I've since sealed those holes but it's too late.

Associate
Nice weather today for the first time since we got the keys on Friday so I tidied up the garage.

As it was raining very heavy on moving day we decided to open the garage and drop most of the boxes in there rather than dozens of wet shoe trips through the house, have slowly been opening and sorting them since then but today I sorted through the last 5 or 6 boxes and had a tidy. Almost everything to the right is garbage left behind by previous owners and packing material from moving, will need to do a tip run this weekend.

Once that has gone we are going to set up a permanent Zwift spot for my wife to the back left. This garage needs to come down and be rebuilt at some point but for now, coming from London with just a tiny shed and having to Zwift in the kitchen, this is amazing to us!

51558698760_0bca11dcd2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Went to check a leaky pipe before going to buy parts - managed to make the leak a flow - had to shut the entire house supply off. As it turns out the plastic tap had entirely perished at the join with supply, threads all crumbled off.

Needless to say I came back with new taps and 2 service valves so I won't have to mess about with the stopcock next time. cut the copper and fitted service valve on the ****ed side, will fit the rest later.

Soldato
Went to check a leaky pipe before going to buy parts - managed to make the leak a flow - had to shut the entire house supply off. As it turns out the plastic tap had entirely perished at the join with supply, threads all crumbled off.

Needless to say I came back with new taps and 2 service valves so I won't have to mess about with the stopcock next time. cut the copper and fitted service valve on the ****ed side, will fit the rest later.
At least it happened when you touched it, and nor when the house was empty.

Soldato
Fitted a tap. I think its the first plumbing job where its not snowballed:cry:.

I changed the taps on the bath and sink the other day. In principle it is such an easy job but in reality, it takes far longer than it should because you have to contort yourself into funny shapes to get to the far end tap and even with the correct tools it never seems as straight forward as it should be. All done all the same with much swearing and glass fibre on my arm from the underside of the bath

Associate
Having watched the crumbly old felt roof on the shed take flight the other day in the winds I managed to re do the roof and got lucky with the weather! What was not so lucky was the previous owner building the shed 6 inches from the back fence and neighbours fence so the only way i got the back side felt on was astride the roof. If you're building a shed in the future, leave room around the edges for chunky chaps to fit!

Associate
Not really a man job but put up 2 tension rods to hang curtains in the living room and bedroom. Rented flat and the old blinds had fallen off, the landlord is dragging their feet on fixing them. Didn’t want anything permanent so they will do for now.

Back
Top Bottom