What's the most interesting four digit number?

Caporegime
I have a spreadsheet full of door numbers and 6174 isn't one of them.
What would Kaprekar say?

You can get an these numbers with a simple auto fill.
I bet I have every house number in the world in mine!

Actually reminds me of a funny.
My old colleague saw someone who was typing numbers into excel.

1.. Moves to next cell. 2..moves to next cell.

Apparently this was a regular task she was doing. He happened to see it in progress. And went.

" you can do this like so"

Auto fill.

The person doing It cried. She had been at it for months and no one checked. :D

To rub it in they were moving cell to cell with the mouse!

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Well I'm not gay so the Navy didn't have a role for me... but if you want to talk precision, ask yourself why the Army uses Mils while the RAF can only manage degrees.

Don't get drawn into a spat. dLockers clearly has some kind of inability to comprehend "which day" midnight falls on.

It's very easy to fix this. Just change "midnight" to "12am" and the problem is solved.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
ISO 8601-1:2019 disagrees with you.

Well, it's a 24 hours standard isn't it, so of course it would. Nevertheless, it still solves your problem:

As of ISO 8601-1:2019 midnight may only be referred to as "00:00", corresponding to the beginning of a calendar day. Earlier versions of the standard allowed "24:00" corresponding to the end of a day, but this is explicitly disallowed by the 2019 revision.

Soldato
Well, it's a 24 hours standard isn't it, so of course it would. Nevertheless, it still solves your problem:
It is in your own link. Thank god we cleared that up!

• The approach recommended by the NIST ("12:01 a.m." or "11:59 p.m." instead of midnight) can be particularly helpful when any ambiguity can have serious consequences, such as with contracts and other legal instruments.[5]

Soldato
I'm unclear what you think you're arguing :D

The thread is interesting numbers - there isn't a black and white answer to midnight/00:00/24:00 and conflicting guidance from the various standards bodies. There is no right and wrong answer, it is just interesting.

Good to see the true colours of ttaskmaster though. Navy people are gay and therefore stupid?

If you need to ask such stupid questions, you should probably join the Navy.
Well I'm not gay so the Navy didn't have a role for me.

Back
Top Bottom