• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much are you ready to pay

Caporegime
Can’t see me spending any more than £400-£500 for a GPU, ultimately my pc is my hobby but I’m dammed if I’m going to shell out £thousands to play games,my current 4970K rig does everything else I need from a PC admirably and I’m sure will do for a few years yet, once upgrade time comes I think I’ll be sticking with used hardware - which has served me very well so far - or B-Grade for something like a GPU (my 1080ti was £300 B-Grade and has served me very well)

Unfortunately, the way pricing is going I think if I want to carry on gaming and playing AAA titles then it’ll be console for me - especially if keyboard and mouse support becomes the norm - the cost of PC gaming is pricing many out of the new market, myself and many of my peers included, it’s not what it once was….

Associate
Quite a bit but that's mostly because my PC purchasing habits have definitely changed over the last 15 years or so. In my younger days i would basically be swapping out some kind of component (cpu or gpu primarily) every 2 or 3 years. But now I tend to buy much less frequently and just do entire rebuilds once every.... yeesh... 7, 8 or 9 years? The only reason I didn't pay rip-off prices for a 3080/3090 this gen (and build a new pc around it) was not because of the actual price but that the price didn't meet the performance target I was looking for (150-200 fps 4K). I'm prepared to pay ripoff prices for lovelace/rdna3 because that gen should be hitting that target level (if rumors are to be believed...)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My current car cost less than a 3090 on OCUK. Runs like a champ and no issues in over 15 months now since I got it.
Yeah. I had an old Toyota Yaris for about a year and that was not much more as my 3080 which was funny at the time as my PC was worth more than my car. But sold that and upgraded as we needed something bigger, unfortunately that cost a lot more, but it is only few years old and should last a long time.

Back
Top Bottom