Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I think these are the ones that require special heads and not the usual OralB ones? It's the only reason I stuck with a more standard model of theirs.

And yes on the app - used it twice! It requires location enabled to function on Android...

That'll most likely be because any application targeting Android 11 or lower (pretty much every app considering 12 hasn't been released yet), ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission must be declared in the Manifest if Bluetooth is being used, which the app will use considering the connection to the toothbrush is via Bluetooth. I.e. they're most likely not getting your location, it's more a technical oversight of the permission system on Android.

Looks like they're changing this with Android 12 and later:
https://developer.android.com/guide...uetooth/permissions#assert-never-for-location

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
This is Carly (iOS and Android) - Really nice app that does more than just diagnostics. Note, you don't need the Carly dongle to use it, if you already have an OBD2 dongle that's wired or wireless then it will still work but check what dongle you have as not all wireless ones offer coding features whilst the wired ones do.

Great stuff thanks @mrk tried a few freebies which connected to my Carista dongle but weren't the best of apps.

Soldato
That'll most likely be because any application targeting Android 11 or lower (pretty much every app considering 12 hasn't been released yet), ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission must be declared in the Manifest if Bluetooth is being used, which the app will use considering the connection to the toothbrush is via Bluetooth. I.e. they're most likely not getting your location, it's more a technical oversight of the permission system on Android.

Looks like they're changing this with Android 12 and later:
https://developer.android.com/guide...uetooth/permissions#assert-never-for-location

That's really interesting, thank you. It's the same with an oven thermometer I have! That does appear to explain it.

Soldato
Thanks to @EVH I got a steal on a Raspberry Pi 3+. In hindsight I should have got it comfortable/hidden away before making it my DNS server. I'm not having huge success in getting Shinobi setup (lots of ffmpeg failures) but working on it.

ySORP3W.jpeg

Soldato
I bought that after a strong recommendation from my dentist that it cleans better than other toothbrushes. It certainly felt a lot stronger than my current toothbrush. But after spending hours researching I couldn't find any evidence of it, other than it simply connecting to an app which I wouldn't use anyway. I also realised my current toothbrush was quite old and would have lost some power so naturally any new toothbrush would feel better. So I sent it back before opening it. Let me know how you get on with it though.
Everyone is allowed to buy one electric toothbrush in their life. No justification, no finger pointing.

You do it twice though, and it's open season.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Great stuff thanks @mrk tried a few freebies which connected to my Carista dongle but weren't the best of apps.

It is a great little app that's evolved a lot over the years (been a user since the early days so seen how drastically it's changed). The coding features are particularly nice if you get the universal version license as can then tweak hidden features and things of any car too!

Soldato
Gazebo
IMG-20211012-083549.jpg

IMG-20211012-092627.jpg

Soldato
Check every component before your person arrives to assemble it. Had a right nightmare trying to deal with them when they sent half the order for one opening and half for the other. They basically blamed us for letting the driver leave before counting all the components. Some excessive DIY had to be done to make it fit together

Back
Top Bottom