Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists

Man of Honour
Exactly! Why would you want to eat British stuff if you live in Italy of all places!! They have the best food in the world!

Many people tend to think that the food they're used to is the best food.

The presenter of one of the Youtube channels I watch is Italian. He came to Britain for a holiday and had good things to say about the food, especially pies. National cliches about food are at best flimsy.

The French might disagree!

I vaguely recall a French cook describing England as a country of 2 sauces...

...apparently it was Voltaire, not a cook. Or maybe he was a cook as well, I don't know. It's not true, obviously. Amusing, but not true.

Caporegime
Many people tend to think that the food they're used to is the best food.

The presenter of one of the Youtube channels I watch is Italian. He came to Britain for a holiday and had good things to say about the food, especially pies. National cliches about food are at best flimsy.

I vaguely recall a French cook describing England as a country of 2 sauces...

...apparently it was Voltaire, not a cook. Or maybe he was a cook as well, I don't know. It's not true, obviously. Amusing, but not true.

Worth noting we repeatedly win worlds best Sausage and worlds best Cheese competitions.

Man of Honour
You don't have to be a migrant though to have a negative experience. Second and third generations of migrant families are still being impacted by bigoted morons.

All people have prejudices, it's instinctive and inherent from the days of small tribes and wariness of the "outsider", and it's been useful (or not depending how you look it, as it ultimately always ends in conflict) historically to protect resources, land, people etc. The trick as an evolved species is to be aware of these prejudices and we should do our best to not act on these, then be ready to learn about the prejudices we hold that we weren't aware of. This is applicable to all people though, not just white people which is what CRT proponents want to be the case, hence the pushing of the "white privilege" narrative.

There's a fine line being walked at the moment on addressing the wrongs of racism and the temptation, it seems, to lay it all on white people and in turn create a focal point for hate as this could somehow bring about a solution?! The language used sounds like retribution is being sought - I fail to see how this brings us progress, unless your aim is to whip up an "us vs them" culture where groups just pile in on each other until there is only one standing - Angilion describes this group identity power grab quite well on a number of occasions on this forum but he generally gets ignored. This observation is often dismissed as white fragility and therefore begins the game of dodging the trap that's been set be the ideologues to brand you with the racist brush instead of arguing the points.

Do you have any examples?

(I'm not trying to deny what you're saying or call you out, it's just a criticism i've seen before but I don't really see where this language is being used...)

Caporegime

(I'm not trying to deny what you're saying or call you out, it's just a criticism i've seen before but I don't really see where this language is being used...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...old-pass-diversity-consent-modules-start.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pass-bias-test-to-enter-st-andrews-rgcvcglx3

Students must pass a test where the correct answer is they have to accept personal guilt

Kent University has a similar test where white students have to agree to this to pass

According to the Daily Telegraph, the course includes a white privilege quiz in which participants are asked to pick, from a list, 13 options all of which are societal benefits supposedly enjoyed by white people living in the UK.

Those who correctly select all the answers are awarded a gold star. Those who do not successfully select all 13 are told they need to try again. An example of one of the white privileges on the list is: ‘I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty or the illiteracy of my race.’

Soldato

Be less white... isn't exactly accepting. It's almost demanding something of someone because of their group identity. I mean, in response, "or what?".

Are you an anti-racist? No one would normally bat an eye at that, most are against racism and would naturally answer enthusiastically "Yes!".

If you tie everything else up within the context of CRT and you define white people as problematic through making white privilege the "truth", arriving at the notion that all white people are racist - racist in that they either admit they are (if they don't admit it, that's also racist), or at least have benefitted from a system that favours them*. It's reducing people to nothing more than the colour of their skin, and stripping away the individual and what makes them who they are. Now go back and look at what being anti-racist is, and actually means.

It's incredibly clever discourse. Creating the means of fighting discrimination, with more discrimination and appearing virtuous in the process.

*that they have no control over at an individual level, you can't just renounce the colour of your skin, or where you've been born.

Man of Honour

In addition to the plethora of examples (up to and including advocating a full on Nazi-style Final Solution To The White Problem) that are easily found, can you think of any other purpose to targetting a specific race and saying they all deserve to be discriminated against?

And no, referring to the Final Solution is not hyperbole. It's the only logical conclusion to the basic principles of the ideology. Belief in unchosen group identity is belief that "they're all the same", so it's inherently dehumanising. Add in the belief that they're to blame for pretty much every bad thing in the world and the very explicitly stated belief that their lives don't matter (always implicit in dehumanising them, but now explicitly stated as a core belief of the ideology) and the only rational course of action is to kill them all. To someone who believes in the ideology, it would be like using antibiotics - killing living things that don't matter in order to make things better. I have less contempt for the followers of the ideology who are honest about it than I do for the rest of them - at least those ones are being honest.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
[..] It's incredibly clever discourse. Creating the means of fighting discrimination, with more discrimination and appearing virtuous in the process. [..]

Minitru would be proud of it.

I think "progressive" ideology is analgous to a virus. It's an ideology of authoritarianism and irrational prejudices, so its followers are deeply opposed to equality, diversity, liberalism, freedom and anything and everything else other than the ideology. Rather than opposing those ideas honestly, they have infected and corrupted those ideas, turning them into the opposite of themselves (doubleplusgood blackwhite Newspeak) while using the words to shield their authoritarian bigotry from the criticism it deserves. Like a virus infecting a cell, corrupting it into a factory to produce more of the virus and using it to hide from the host's immune system.

Soldato
This MP talks about feee speech but then wants the well known aspect of our racist society and how white people benefit from not being racially discriminated against not being discussed. Incredible.

Soldato
Fairly standard, don't stop being a racist, just deny it and blame lefties. :cry:

In CRT, the above is not possible if you are white.

Robin DiAngelo said:
“Racism exists today, in both traditional and modern forms. All members of this society have been socialized to participate in it. All white people benefit from racism, regardless of intentions; intentions are irrelevant. No one here chose to be socialized into racism (so no one is “bad’). But no one is neutral – to not act against racism is to support racism. Racism must be continually identified, analyzed and challenged; no one is ever done. The question is not ”did racism take place”? but rather “how did racism manifest in that situation?” The racial status quo is comfortable for most whites. Therefore, anything that maintains white comfort is suspect. If you are white, practice sitting with and building your stamina for racial discomfort”

Btw, its mainly liberals that are doing the most of the actual pushing back on critical race theory. The "righties" are just frothing as usual though, I'll give you that.

Soldato
'well known aspect of our racist society'..

Is this part of the issue, we are one of the least racist societies you will come across yet people go out of their way to deliberately amplify things in such an irrational way. Just one of the examples discussed about 'white privilege' brings in people being 'filtered' as evidence of structural racism, all the time forgetting that being white and having an eastern European name also gets you heavily filtered.. This is why CRT and any other group based identity politics is just so very wrong.

I'll go out on a limb and say that 'racism' or any other 'ism' you want to bring up applies in equal proportion irrespective of your identity.. I've witnessed people being turned away from a job for not being 'welsh enough', I've sat in a fast food franchise where the owner brags how he'll only ever employ people of a particular 'minority' race/religion, I've heard business owners say they'd never employ 'fatties'.. and yes, I've also heard a 'white' person say they don't like coloured people.. The difference is, CRT would only try to solve the last one, I'd like to address all of those..

Back
Top Bottom