Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Some really nice set ups in this thread!

My few weeks of lockdown gave me a chance to bodge some shelves up and relocate everything to one place..

bAEo2nl.jpg

Unfortunately or not, the space between the speakers now contains a desk and a PC.

Vintage Sony, vintage Pioneer, vintage Meridian, B&O... I like you.

Soldato
Thanks.
The drawer operation on the Meridian is a just a joy to behold, and if you can find a decent Pioneer PL71, then just buy it, no second thoughts, just get one.
You will not be disappointed.
The Astro wars takes me way back to childhood when my parents couldn't afford to buy me one, but everyone else seemed to have one :(

Soldato
I'm looking for a vesa TV bracket to raise my TV up from the stand to get the center speaker under it, what brands would you trust?
Huh that's a thought. I haven't got space in my new tv bench for current centre speaker so was going to swap the centre for a smaller one that does fit. But I'd rather keep current centre if I can.

Are you meaning a way to have the TV still standing rather than hanging from a wall, but just raised up so there is space beneath? Wall mounting sadly not an option for me.

Soldato
Few little changes to my cinema since I last posted it here I think... wall bracket for the centre speaker as I decided it was a bit too low on 60cm speaker stands, a tidy-up of the wiring and slight rearrange of the cabinet, and more interestingly, an upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4 by way of some Kef Eggs as front heights! It really makes a difference and makes the overhead sound field so much more immersive. I got the Eggs for basically nothing because they were a bit battered, so I refurbed them and painted them black and now they look great.

0vONd9H.jpg

C44JGKI.jpg

PZ0pg2w.jpg

861xkGP.jpg

DxsCYdn.jpg

And an album showing the refurb of the Eggs:

https://imgur.com/a/CMdCr0o

Man of Honour
Probably not quite the right thread but I figured I'd try asking here rather than making a new one. I have my hifi amp, CD player and record player in my kitchen. It's against a back wall and it sounds great where it is. However I'm using a makeshift table for the stereo etc and I'd like a kitchen friendly unit that can house the equipment. I guess something akin to a sideboard with room for hifi equipment. Anyone have any recommendations?

Soldato
Probably not quite the right thread but I figured I'd try asking here rather than making a new one. I have my hifi amp, CD player and record player in my kitchen. It's against a back wall and it sounds great where it is. However I'm using a makeshift table for the stereo etc and I'd like a kitchen friendly unit that can house the equipment. I guess something akin to a sideboard with room for hifi equipment. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hard to make any suggestions really. Literally any furniture to your taste will serve this purpose fine :)

Soldato
@Howard - what colour have you used on the side walls? Love you cinema.

I can't remember for sure, but I think it's either Warm Pewter, or Natural Slate, from the "#2 dark greys" page here: https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/gorgeous-grey-paint

Looks mega Howard - can I ask what the fabric pieces are on the wall? Presumably acoustic friendly? :)

Thanks :) They are broadband absorbers from http://www.bluefrogaudio.co.uk. They greatly absorb reflections to reduce the liveliness of the room and improve detail and imaging.. And they certainly do a damn fine job if you place them correctly!

Soldato
@Howard - I really like what you’ve done with the Eggs. While I was planning my extension sound I picked up a set of 5 cheaply without a sub and then a full set with a sub came up so I’ve got some sat doing nothing. Would be great to Refurb them in some nice bright colours as PC or bedroom speakers. Might be good once my daughter gets more interested in music!

Soldato

Can you put up a dedicated shelf for the kit? Rather than try to find a hifi rack I’d go for this for a kitchen setup.

Man of Honour
Can you put up a dedicated shelf for the kit? Rather than try to find a hifi rack I’d go for this for a kitchen setup.
It's plasterboard and the amp is quite heavy, I'm not sure I'd trust it! I know heavier items can go on plasterboard but they are usually spread out and with the amp it's all in one small area.

Soldato
As long as you can fix to at least one wooden stud it should be ok? Cavity wall/plasterboard anchors are quite effective. I have hung a 50” plasma (27.5kg) using a mix of plasterboard anchors and fixing to the studs.

Soldato
@Howard - I really like what you’ve done with the Eggs. While I was planning my extension sound I picked up a set of 5 cheaply without a sub and then a full set with a sub came up so I’ve got some sat doing nothing. Would be great to Refurb them in some nice bright colours as PC or bedroom speakers. Might be good once my daughter gets more interested in music!

Thanks! Go for it. They're dead easy to strip down to bare metal :)

Associate
New amplifier. Class A Hybrid.

Replaces a dodgy Technics SU-R1000 which had a broken MC Phono input which Pioneer were unable to repair / replace...

Hm5GnE2.jpg

Loving it so far :)

Soldato
Decided to change the living room around and what a headache it is with atmos 5.1.4. Tempted to screw a big peice of mdf to the wall a do a proper nerdy job of the cable management also tempted to just sell everything and get the Sony hta9 system.

Current system is
Panasonic 58dx802b tv
Yamaha 3070
Monitor audio bx2 for LCR
Monitor audio bxfx for surround
Monitor audio mass gen 1 for atmos
REL strata 3 sub
Nvidia sheild and 3 network drives for media

Back
Top Bottom