Fuji X Series

Soldato
Does it happen at all apertures? I find 1.4 up close is very unforgiving, the in-focus area is very thin.

Mostly at wider. I don't think it is helped by the fact the camera insists on going wide open in auto mode. A few recent social events it has been overcast and in portrait mode it just goes straight to 1.4 or a shutter speeds like 1/100 which is useless for photographing groups of people. I have however found at f/4 and above it still sometimes misses the focus completely.

I think I'm going to stick it on my old X-T10 and see how it performs on that. Maybe it is the camera.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
X-E4 and 33mm 1.4 arrived, so naturally I go into the garden to take a few quick snaps of boring plants :D

IMG-0040.jpg

IMG-0041.jpg

DSCF0423.jpg

DSCF0433.jpg

Soldato
Great photos Sir.

After doing a fair bit of reading and experimentation it seems as if the camera does break the minimum shutter specified if it can't get a bright enough image by maxing out the ISO or aperture. Would personally prefer to have underexposed images as you can very quickly see something isn't right whereas blurry/slow images have caught me out at weddings over the summer - what's the point in setting a minimum/maximum value if the camera just ignores it?

Soldato
It would appear I'm a filthy liar and already getting carried away, after having the 18-135mm delivered few days ago, spotted a 60mm Macro on MPB with "noisy AF" for mere £190 which came this morning, boy is that lens sharp, already not happy with my zoom :D

Now actually need to find a relatively compact case/bag that will go inside my hiking/camping backpack so can start taking the setup with me properly.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It would appear I'm a filthy liar and already getting carried away, after having the 18-135mm delivered few days ago, spotted a 60mm Macro on MPB with "noisy AF" for mere £190 which came this morning, boy is that lens sharp, already not happy with my zoom :D

Now actually need to find a relatively compact case/bag that will go inside my hiking/camping backpack so can start taking the setup with me properly.

I really want a macro, it's on my list to eventually own.

Really impressed the 33 1.4, a few more snaps in the garden. I need to get out and really test it.

DSCF0487-2.jpg

DSCF0461-2.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
it's the sort of lens i'm looking for but i'm not sure i can justify the cost over the 35 1.4

I've had the 35 1.4, good lens but I was always paranoid about dust getting inside which is a matter of time with the external focusing. Also the new 33 is designed to be future proof with support for up to 40mp e.g. Fujifilms next camera sensor.

Back
Top Bottom