** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I hate false advertised products like G9 Neo. You pay a huge amount of money for a monitor which is not offering wherefore you theoretically pay. It's not only me saying and proofing this ;). If you are searching for other reports you will find the same result.

Soldato
Thinking of adding another G9 to my setup and double stacking them on some kind of heavy duty mount. Mainly for desktop real-estate when working with monster spreadsheets.

All my googling so far has come up blank, anybody have a couple of chunky ultrawides vertically stacked that might be able to point me in the right direction.

Associate
Thinking of adding another G9 to my setup and double stacking them on some kind of heavy duty mount. Mainly for desktop real-estate when working with monster spreadsheets.

All my googling so far has come up blank, anybody have a couple of chunky ultrawides vertically stacked that might be able to point me in the right direction.

This guy on Reddit posted about that exact setup a couple days ago, might be worth sending him a PM about it:
https://old.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...r_getting_my_first_g9_about_8_months_ago_now/

Soldato
Does anyone have a G9 and 27"G7 by chance?
Was wanting to know the screen border height and internal screen dimensions for the G7 compared to the G9

For example, instead of triple G7 monitors primarily for sim usage, could I flank a G9 with twin G7?
Running this potentially as low as 4x 1080p (4K) or native res (framerate allowing)

Associate
Has anyone had issues with the G9 and the latest 47x Nvidia drivers? My PC generally wont come out of sleep and require a reboot.
Rolling back to the 466.77 fixes the issue.

Soldato
I know this monitor gets a bad rep, but I've been playing a lot of racing sims these last two weeks, and absolutely love it :D

pXAPSdD.jpg

Can't say I've noticed any issues with the latest nvidia drivers

Soldato
I've just swapped from 2x 28" 4k screens to this mental looking 49" ultrawide (CRG9) which was on offer over at Samsung for £500.

I can't seem to get 120hz, only 100hz - is that due to my gpu? I suppose it's still better than my old screens which were 60hz but unnoticeable anyway atm as I don't really game anymore, not sure I even can with the 970 at this res. One thing that's bothering me though is the text, it seems blurry and strains the eyes. Is my screen messed up or is this actually supposed to be normal?!? Friend has the same screen and feels his is fine, but he wasn't coming from a 4k screen. Text outlines have a blurryness to them which makes them hard to read, there also seems to be a noticeable variation in line thickness.

Soldato
I've just swapped from 2x 28" 4k screens to this mental looking 49" ultrawide (CRG9) which was on offer over at Samsung for £500.

I can't seem to get 120hz, only 100hz - is that due to my gpu? I suppose it's still better than my old screens which were 60hz but unnoticeable anyway atm as I don't really game anymore, not sure I even can with the 970 at this res. One thing that's bothering me though is the text, it seems blurry and strains the eyes. Is my screen messed up or is this actually supposed to be normal?!? Friend has the same screen and feels his is fine, but he wasn't coming from a 4k screen. Text outlines have a blurryness to them which makes them hard to read, there also seems to be a noticeable variation in line thickness.

The text is because it's a VA panel. I moved from a 4K IPS to this, and one thing I did notice was the crap text quality. You can try clear type, but it's still jaggy. That's the negative, but I do like VA for gaming due to the blacks and rich colours.

Next year this monitor will be moved to a sim rig for racing, so I'll probably switch my main monitor to an LG ultrawide IPS.

Never had any issues with 120hz. I run 100hz 10bit though. Using a DP cable.

Last edited:
Soldato
The text is because it's a VA panel. I moved from a 4K IPS to this, and one thing I did notice was the crap text quality. You can try clear type, but it's still jaggy. That's the negative, but I do like VA for gaming due to the blacks and rich colours.

Next year this monitor will be moved to a sim rig for racing, so I'll probably switch my main monitor to an LG ultrawide IPS.

Never had any issues with 120hz. I run 100hz 10bit though. Using a DP cable.

I was in two minds whether to go back to my old 4k screens, the colours on them wasn't great tbh but text was much clearer and sharper. I've got someone coming tomorrow morning to pick them up so it looks like they're gone anyway.

My mate doesn't seem to notice it on his though. He came from an old Dell 24" which ran at 1920x1200, maybe thats why? I may have to check his at some point to confirm whether it's as bad as mine.

No option for 120hz on mine at all, only 60hz and 100hz.

Associate
When I load up Windows (10 previously and now 11) the sign in screen is a really big resolution (the text and image is huge). Even when I boot into Windows the text and icons are huge. Eventually something kicks in and the resolution fixes itself (after the black screen). Not sure if this is Windows related or monitor. I have latest firmware for monitor and latest graphics drivers. Does anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

Associate
When I load up Windows (10 previously and now 11) the sign in screen is a really big resolution (the text and image is huge). Even when I boot into Windows the text and icons are huge. Eventually something kicks in and the resolution fixes itself (after the black screen). Not sure if this is Windows related or monitor. I have latest firmware for monitor and latest graphics drivers. Does anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

Probably some driver level thing or Windows thing as you are saying - I've seen this behaviour before too in another cases.

Soldato
Hi

Have a 32" G7 coming tomorrow so want to make sure its running the latest firmware version but i can't find it on the uk site, can i just download from another site or does it need to be the uk version.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom