• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Warranty

Associate
Hi, if I buy a new/sealed RTX 3090 fe from Facebook marketplace so technically second hand can I maintain the warranty? The man selling has said he has already registered it but the box is definately sealed/new he says. what’s the script with this situation regarding warranty please?
Thankyou

Associate
This is from their website

"This warranty applies only to the original purchasers of the Warranted Products from an NVIDIA-authorized third party or www.nvidia.com ; this warranty will not extend to any person that acquires a Warranted Product on a used basis. "

Soldato
The Facebook man is lying if he says he registered it as you dont register the FE's. The fact a card is bought from Nvidia (competitor) is enough a kind of auto registration. Buyers dont or should I say cant "register" them they already are. Keeping the receipt/sales invoice for good measure.

In this instance its a bit risky considering the amount you will be forking out.

Associate
Hi, if I buy a new/sealed RTX 3090 fe from Facebook marketplace so technically second hand can I maintain the warranty? The man selling has said he has already registered it but the box is definately sealed/new he says. what’s the script with this situation regarding warranty please?
Thankyou

Only companies that have transferable warranty are MSI and EVGA so don't buy this..

Associate
Only way to get a warranty for a second hand 3090 FE is to buy from the high street place that buys and sells used electronics. They currently want £2000 quid for one.

Back
Top Bottom