• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Man of Honour
Ampere on a real 7nm node would have been so dope - 40% lower power draw or 50% more cores, take your pick. An RTx3090 with 230w tdp instead of 350w or a 350w tdp 3090 with ga100 full core count. Why not both, a 230w 3090 and a 350w Titan built on GA100 with 30% to 40% higher performance than the 3090

Unfortunately the GA100 does not have any Ray Tracing and is a bit low on shaders compared to GA102.

Caporegime
Wouldn't want to imagine the power bill with the current electricity prices!

What the £20 per year it will cost you to game 2 hours per day? I think if you are buying a £2k GPU you can afford the 30p per 6 hours of gaming.

A lot of people are clearly clueless as to how much things cost to run.

You don't buy a Ferrari then complain that fuel is £1.50 a litre. It's buttons.

Soldato
What the £20 per year it will cost you to game 2 hours per day? I think if you are buying a £2k GPU you can afford the 30p per 6 hours of gaming.

I find it's just a way to trolls to attack those with setups/components they can't affford/justify. As you say, if you do a simple calculation (look up kw hours on your electric bill) these cost peanuts overall over a year, even if using several hours a day.

Soldato

yer it something like a quid and abit day to run my 3090 flat out 24/7

Associate

I still think the current GPU Prices are vulgar - These components do not justify the £2k price tag...

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Will have to catch up on the latest driver updates for AMD cards and see what is going on. Every review I have read is saying basically the 3080Ti is faster in most cases than a 6900xt, guessing before these driver updates. Now wondering what AMD has done to these drivers before we get another thread stating AMD or Nvidia is cheating in drivers again or reducing image quality, you know them threads I mean.

Recent review with up to date drivers - and it's not even an XTXH card.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/powercolor-radeon-rx-6900-xt-red-devil-review,1.html

Caporegime
didn't realize the 6900XT was that strong, it still falters a bit at 4k but not by as much as early reviews, interesting.
Yep, in most of the benchmark threads here now the 6900 XT is king. As long as the game is not heavily favouring Nvidia (ala Tomb Raider) or has lots of RT, 6900 XT comes out on top for the most part when both are overclocked - even at 4K.

I am glad a 3090 TI is coming out as to be honest we could use some competition again in the active OcuK benchmark threads, ala Firestrike/Timespy/Forza etc since they are a bit one sided now.

Associate
Yep, in most of the benchmark threads here now the 6900 XT is king. As long as the game is not heavily favouring Nvidia (ala Tomb Raider) or has lots of RT, 6900 XT comes out on top for the most part when both are overclocked - even at 4K.

I am glad a 3090 TI is coming out as to be honest we could use some competition again in the active OcuK benchmark threads, ala Firestrike/Timespy/Forza etc since they are a bit one sided now.
I didnt want to point it out, but I was wondering what he was talking about lol.

Permabanned

When I had a 6800XT AIB it peformed worse than my 3080 AIB in Anthem it ran 10-12fps worse, It could'nt hold 60fps at 4k in Cyberpunk and in demanding games it lagged behind and I paid £1200 for the card.

Back
Top Bottom