Spanner for toilet inlet

Associate
Hey,

I need to replace the filler valve and need the cistern off the wall as far as I can tell. The water inlet nut is in a really hard access area and I can't get an adjustable wrench on it. Then there is the plastic one hidden further behind that.

Are there any magic spanners or tools for these things? I have no idea how I'm going to loosen both of those?

Thanks for any help!

Soldato
I have always found it's easier to take the cystern off and change it on bench -you can then do a leak test - if all is ok then stick it back on.

The days of standing on your head have long gone for me.

Associate
OP
Don`t think you will get a tap spanner to fit
Best bet as has been said is remove the cistern

Thanks guys, I realised I'm being stupid here - as I need to take the cistern off anyway for the flush valve it's easier to just remove the other end of the water pipe and feed it through to remove the cistern...

So my next question :) Is this flexi connection onto the copper pipe 'reusable'? Or am I going to damage the seal/olive on the compression fitting if I remove and then refit it?

Soldato
Thanks guys, I realised I'm being stupid here - as I need to take the cistern off anyway for the flush valve it's easier to just remove the other end of the water pipe and feed it through to remove the cistern...

So my next question :) Is this flexi connection onto the copper pipe 'reusable'? Or am I going to damage the seal/olive on the compression fitting if I remove and then refit it?

Should be ok,take off carefully and maybe add some boss white as an xtra seal
If replacing the float/flush consider getting one that you can fit in situ
i.e. so that next time you could replace/repair without taking the cistern off again :)

Back
Top Bottom