Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Its very nice! Certainly a massive step up from my old one :D

Yep look much cleaner imo!

IMG-20201201-152754883.jpg

Soldato
Looks lovely, I do like the looks of the Mk4

Interesting to see you describe it as a massive step up - despite looking nicer, it hasn't particularly interested me as a change from a Mk3 facelift as beyond the styling, it's essentially the same car, same drivetrain etc. so it felt like a lot of money for not a lot of change to me. Does it feel like more of an improvement under the skin than it might otherwise seem on paper?

Associate
looks very nice, didn't come with the park assist though? ;)

In my defense it was only to take a few quick pictures :D

Looks lovely, I do like the looks of the Mk4

Interesting to see you describe it as a massive step up - despite looking nicer, it hasn't particularly interested me as a change from a Mk3 facelift as beyond the styling, it's essentially the same car, same drivetrain etc. so it felt like a lot of money for not a lot of change to me. Does it feel like more of an improvement under the skin than it might otherwise seem on paper?

My facelift 2018 VRS was brilliant and felt good. This is in another league the difference is like day and night. It starts with the key, strange but it feels quality, solid and a piece of art. I didn't expect much but wow you really need to sit in one, test drive one and have a play. It's a completely different car, the only gripe is no dials for climate but other than that the old MK3 has nothing on this. It's brilliant :)

IMG-20211012-151942504-2.jpg

IMG-20211011-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20211011-WA0002.jpg

Soldato
Interesting, I may pay a bit more attention when they get round to releasing their first 'special edition' of the TSI with a bit of a power bump from the 245 :p

Associate
For some reason they have done away from Michelin Pilot Sport 4 as standard, mine have Pirelli P7 Cinturato so meh :eek: but overall the car it goes round corners ok! Thought I would miss the manual but the 7 speed DSG is a thing of beauty.

Soldato
Picked this up last week as a cheap little weekend fun car which will get used for the odd commute now and again.

2006 facelift E85 2.5i Sport. It's 15 years old but its been looked after very well, last owner was an enthusiast and has been a mine of information for me. It's my first Z4 and I love it to bits. Not the fastest thing in the world but very nice to drive. Had been looking for a Montego Blue one for a while and uncannily enough this popped up locally last week so I went to see it and loved it :cool::) Took my little lad out today in it for a drive, lots of smiles all round with the top down!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looks a lovely motor that :) I miss my Maldives blue 2.5 litre z4. Great cars

Permabanned
In my defense it was only to take a few quick pictures :D

My facelift 2018 VRS was brilliant and felt good. This is in another league the difference is like day and night. It starts with the key, strange but it feels quality, solid and a piece of art. I didn't expect much but wow you really need to sit in one, test drive one and have a play. It's a completely different car, the only gripe is no dials for climate but other than that the old MK3 has nothing on this. It's brilliant :)

IMG-20211012-151942504-2.jpg

IMG-20211011-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20211011-WA0002.jpg

Never been an estate fan but really liking that! :cool: Seeing a lot of similarities to our Golf R. :p

Once I got used to the touch controls/sliders below the screen I found it not too bad, though they are nowhere near as good as buttons/dials.

Had quite a few minor glitches with the infotainment, assume its reasonably similar as well.

Associate
Never been an estate fan but really liking that! :cool: Seeing a lot of similarities to our Golf R. :p

Once I got used to the touch controls/sliders below the screen I found it not too bad, though they are nowhere near as good as buttons/dials.

Had quite a few minor glitches with the infotainment, assume its reasonably similar as well.

It probably will be very similar :) same here the infotainment system is taking a little getting used to. Having the stop/start hidden in the drop down notification bar is annoying and driving mode you need to select the drive mode on the screen rather than toggle through the button on like on the MK3. Also the hassle of changing the speed of the heating fan is again done on the touch screen :(

Other than that it's been spot on. The build date was the 28th August 2021 so I assume it's got a new firmware as so far I have not had any problems touch wood! Everything seems to work ok.

Does the golf have shortcut physical buttons below the volume slider?

The 19" alloys fill the arch gap well imo, the older MK3 definitely sat higher.

IMG-20211012-130851213-HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
It probably will be very similar :) same here the infotainment system is taking a little getting used to. Having the stop/start hidden in the drop down notification bar is annoying and driving mode you need to select the drive mode on the screen rather than toggle through the button on like on the MK3. Also the hassle of changing the speed of the heating fan is again done on the touch screen :(

Other than that it's been spot on. The build date was the 28th August 2021 so I assume it's got a new firmware as so far I have not had any problems touch wood! Everything seems to work ok.

Does the golf have shortcut physical buttons below the volume slider?

Has a few "buttons", though they are more touchy rather than pressy buttons. :cry: R mode on the wheel but I dont like the fake soundaktor stuff so I switch to individual mode which I have configured for "pure" sound, also turns off stop/start.

t4Pz9CFh.jpg

hHDaScnh.jpg

Don
I can't remember the last time I changed the heater controls on either of my cars. They just stay on "Auto" and 21 degrees. Having them on the touchscreen wouldn't be an issue for me as they would get touched the same amount as the physical dials in my car - never.

Back
Top Bottom