The Expanse

Soldato
I agree, it’s come round so fast but S5 was December 2020! This year has flown by.
I think its because I've just seen the trailer for lost in space which I'm sure was further away. They've done well to keep a series a year through covid, I know it's been more than a little disruptive (not wanting to derail the thread with the health side). I'm intruded what direction they take it as imo there's very little filler like what you get in other series.

Soldato
6 episode run for the final season :(

Doing so will require a certain amount of compression, even with a longer 65-minute finale, and showrunner Naren Shankar admits to Polygon it’s a real challenge:

“Six episodes to do this much material is difficult. What it does give you is intensity. Every episode feels as intense as it could possibly be. You never feel like you’re letting your foot off the gas pedal. By the time you get to the end, it feels cathartic.”

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-expanse-s6-plans-intense-short-run/

Soldato
:(

Weird. Bezos saves the show, but then it does not last long anyways. Based on the amount of books I thought there would be a lot more to come. For me Season 3 was the best by far. 4 was crap and 5 was decent. Hopefully 6 is very good.

I understand the reason for not doing books 7-9 is the time jump, however this far in the future folks are living well into their hundreds. The time jump could be done quite easily with some subtle but effective makeup.

I didn't mind S4, it was the start of the 2nd trilogy so was always going to be a bit slower, it was one of my favourites of the books though so had pre-bias before the series aired.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I understand the reason for not doing books 7-9 is the time jump, however this far in the future folks are living well into their hundreds. The time jump could be done quite easily with some subtle but effective makeup.

I didn't mind S4, it was the start of the 2nd trilogy so was always going to be a bit slower, it was one of my favourites of the books though so had pre-bias before the series aired.

Or you do what they have already in the script for TV and ignore it.....

Soldato
Or you do what they have already in the script for TV and ignore it.....

Just a shame to shelve the final books, barely scratched the surface of the proto-molecule/builders story and later books hugely expand on it, this is just going to be an afterthought in the TV series.

Soldato
I started reading the books recently....as I can't stand the actors in the TV show.

Have to say, the series is pretty much a line by line faithful adaptation, which is good. The books themselves are pretty trashy fiction but entertaining enough. Think I'll stick to the books...

Associate
They're great fast reads, perfect for a commute - so not done much reading recently! Only issue for me is I read them so fast that I've forgotten half the events in it 6 months later. So ironically they're almost better the 2nd time around ;)

Associate
Ty has said several times on twitter the time jump is not an issue if they wanted to carry on. I forget his reasons around it stopping here though… I too would love the next trilogy to be explored, hope the final book nails the ending.

He’s also got a hatred of spin offs and prequels so they’re unlikely.

Soldato
Ty has said several times on twitter the time jump is not an issue if they wanted to carry on. I forget his reasons around it stopping here though… I too would love the next trilogy to be explored, hope the final book nails the ending.

He’s also got a hatred of spin offs and prequels so they’re unlikely.
He meant the novellas, and I remember reading in an interview that he wanted to wait a few years to not have to use prosthetics and grey hair spray as it would look terrible

Soldato
Watching Season 5 for the first time. Quite enjoying it. Some of the changes are for the better certainly Naomi is less selfish than she was in the book when she leaves Tycho. But don't think the plot on the Pella has quite the right impact, it doesn't feel like it's leading to it's conclusion as well as the book. Everything else is pretty good.

Associate
It's a really, really good show. I intend to read the books after the TV show concludes. Season 4 felt really out of place though, at least 5 got back on track, drawn-out though it felt at times.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
AMOS and Peaches are the best thing in it, for some reason the actor who plays Holden is just not Holden in the book for me.

Has the final booked dropped yet ? Too lazy to look :)

Back
Top Bottom