Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I tried running DP 1.4(non-DSC) with both gsync extended and basic at 120 fps but still, the intermittent black screen plagues this monitor. Gsync is completely busted in this monitor it's not working as intended at all. After so many months after release and no word do you even think they'll issue a fix? This is sad...

Associate
feeling bittersweet today, monitor will be picked up in a little while and i have requested a refund, i don't blame OC for this and very much do appreciate how they have handled all this since friday when i first spoke to them about it. Just such a shame a very expensive monitor has so many problems still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6hYE1inw8E is a short video if anyone is interested

Associate
This is the longest time since owning the monitor that I haven't had a black screen. Only downside I have had to reduce its ability to run higher than 120hz :(

But while I do not agree I should have to I have just been enjoying gaming at 4k 120hz is enough to be honest.

Still waiting on LG to reply poor customer service.

The on screen software has an update on the website for anyone interested I think it might be windows 11 compatibility but without any release notes its hard to know.

V6.88 to 7.21
Hi there do you have a link to the software update and do you have a link to raise a ticket for these monitors please thanks

Associate
To update people on the LG support process:
I called for an update today after nearly 2 weeks after the monitor was collected (they didn't provide me any update, was told 1 week when it was collected). They've ordered a new part, they said screen so it's not 100% clear if its going to be a whole unit or just the display part, which takes 5 days to be delivered to the repair shop according to LG. Then they will look to deliver it back to me.
So if you're having issues, I strongly suggest to keep calling them to report issues and get updates. Else you'll be left with problems for a long time.

Associate
To update people on the LG support process:
I called for an update today after nearly 2 weeks after the monitor was collected (they didn't provide me any update, was told 1 week when it was collected). They've ordered a new part, they said screen so it's not 100% clear if its going to be a whole unit or just the display part, which takes 5 days to be delivered to the repair shop according to LG. Then they will look to deliver it back to me.
So if you're having issues, I strongly suggest to keep calling them to report issues and get updates. Else you'll be left with problems for a long time.

Top tip - I always chase chase because of stuff like this!

Associate
4k on a 27" is pointless, needs at least 32" to be worth the huge increase in GPU power required and to have a worthwhile IQ upgrade, IMO
I'me running my lg 27gp950 at 1440p for now and its a big differents from my old 1440p monitor maybe its the extra pixals

Associate
So the local repair guy came and took my monitor. He said "I'm here to look at your TV" "Oh it's a monitor, never been called out for a monitor before" "yeah its gonna need a new screen" and off he went with it.
When I asked about timescales he said he didn't know.

So I ordered a Gigabyte M32U instead. Lets hope I end up with a refund or I will end up with 2 £750 monitors. :cry:
script>

Just got call from the TV repair company that have been dealing with my issue. Apparently my "TV has been repaired and will be dropped off tomorrow"

Hopefully they will turn up with an 65 inch LG OLED instead! :D Then I need to decide if I should keep it and send back the Gigabyte M32U OR sell the GP950...:confused:

Soldato
Maybe in your eyes but coming from a 27" 1440p display I can definitely see the better image 4k offers.

Have you compared 4k on a 27" monitor, to 4k on a 32", 40" or even bigger 48"? I'm certain your eyes will see an image quality improvement increasing the monitor size for 4k resolution.

Soldato
Have you compared 4k on a 27" monitor, to 4k on a 32", 40" or even bigger 48"? I'm certain your eyes will see an image quality improvement increasing the monitor size for 4k resolution.

I have a 4k TV that is 50" I would rather game on the monitor it just looks way more shaper than the TV. If I load up a game side by side on both my 1440p and 4k monitor I can clearly see that the 4k monitor is much more shaper and hold better texture detail both being 27"

Back
Top Bottom