Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Soldato
First of all...how is there not a thread on this?!

Second. Here's a thread for this incredible game.

It's totally blown me away. Gameplay, characters, great puzzles, the story so far...and the graphics are off the chart. Stunning really. I almost let this one pass me by, but glad i didn't and have spent the day glued to it. If it keeps it up this could be my game of the year.

Couple if in-game screenshots:

ippdaPA.jpg
AnYYbdC.jpg

Soldato
This wasnt even on my radar. After reading this I did a bit of digging and reading reviews and have decided to take a punt on it.
I'm definitely after light hearted, something new, something fresh. I've been playing too much War thunder recently and its turning me properly bitter!
Hopefully it delivers!

Associate
It's a lovely looking game but it could do with some fine tuning on the boss fights which are much harder than other parts of the game. In fact, think Souls hard, or worse. Which is odd, because the rest of the game is cutesy, and plays like a Pixar movie. I find the controls a bit clunky and unresponsive at times and the parry / dodge window timings are brutal.

Soldato
Yes, v surprised there’s not been a thread already for this title.

The pc game forum generally seems a bit moribund these days.
Yeah, a lot of forums seem to be going that way unfortunately. I'd actually be in favour of merging the gaming forums on OcUK into one.

Anyway, Kena is definitely on my radar. It looks lovely!

Associate
I finished this one last week. I very much enjoyed it. Don't let the Pixar graphic style fool you, it can be quite challenging.

It's fairly short compared to most titles which I think is reflected in the price. With that said what's there will definitely impress you. The graphics, world, characters and story are great. To top it off the game is complete and I personally never encountered a bug as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a lovely looking game but it could do with some fine tuning on the boss fights which are much harder than other parts of the game. In fact, think Souls hard, or worse. Which is odd, because the rest of the game is cutesy, and plays like a Pixar movie. I find the controls a bit clunky and unresponsive at times and the parry / dodge window timings are brutal.
patch tonight fixes parry apparently

Associate
Downloading it now, looks great, good thing is i believe this is the studios first full game, they were more into animation i believe, looking forward to playing it, hope they have a bright future

Associate
anyone finished this? was it worth it? i bought it but not played more than 10 minutes yet

Yup, I've finished it. It's an audio/visual treat and would probably be my GOTY if it wasn't for the difficulty which is all over the place. Bosses are very hard, almost Dark Souls hard. And the "normal" difficulty" isn't really ... it's almost identical to "expert".

Soldato
Yup, I've finished it. It's an audio/visual treat and would probably be my GOTY if it wasn't for the difficulty which is all over the place. Bosses are very hard, almost Dark Souls hard. And the "normal" difficulty" isn't really ... it's almost identical to "expert".
apparently fixed in a patch so may try it BUT my wife really wants to play it but only plays on the XBOX so everytime she sees it she gives me daggers

its only on PS5

Back
Top Bottom