Back4Blood

Associate
Interesting issue with crossplay, when I bring up a chat window it tanks FPS...

Still, plays super fluid and looks decent, not sure it's worth £80 mind but time will tell.

Soldato
Looking forward to playing this. I saw it was on GamePass so I did the Turkey XBL upgrade. Got 2 years of GPU for £45. Beats the £50 it was on Steam and I get to try a few other games too

Soldato
Can't get my head around this... I expected it to be similar and better but its Left 4 Dead remastered. Played it a bit. Exactly same game. Daft if you ask me, especially if your buying the full game (game pass user me)
Unistalled it.

Man of Honour
I've only got 1 question about this game, can you play without bots, ie.. if there are 2 of us , or 3 of us, can we play without the remaining 1 or 2 slots being filled by a bot?

Caporegime
Can't get my head around this... I expected it to be similar and better but its Left 4 Dead remastered. Played it a bit. Exactly same game. Daft if you ask me, especially if your buying the full game (game pass user me)
Unistalled it.
Pretty much the impression I got from the beta. It felt ‘janky’. Unfinished, which I know, it was a beta but I suspect not a lot will have changed since then. And given Turtle Rock’s history on atrocious MTX and DLC I’m unlikely to buy it!

Associate
Unistalled it.

It's not exactly the same game though, it looks ten times better, has lots of upgrades, challenges, card system, deckbuilding for gameplay, long campaign, crossplay I am enjoying it so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
From the beta it felt more like Left 4 Dead downgraded to me apart from the graphics obviously.

Can you play proper vs mode in the final game or is it just that god awful mode that was in the beta?

Associate
From the beta it felt more like Left 4 Dead downgraded to me apart from the graphics obviously.

Can you play proper vs mode in the final game or is it just that god awful mode that was in the beta?

Swarm mode is here but no campaign vs mode. Swam is monsters vs humans. Alternate between.

Is there a full screen mode on this? if there is I can't find it, only windowed and borderless?

Same for me, but borderless is fine for me.

Soldato

Thanks, TBH I played 6-7 hours yesterday in borderless mode and it was fine so don't think I'll mess about with it now.

Really enjoyed what I've played so far, but I used to love L4D so probably not a surprise there for me. The jukebox section was pretty tough I thought but I probably did it wrong. The graphics in some of the later stages were very good, the fog and early morning/evening sun looked really good.

Soldato
Having played the beta and now the full game I'm disappointed that they still implemented the retry system, especially on Nightmare difficulty when corruption cards can really mess up the run. retries has never been part of the L4D Franchise EVER if you die and your team lose you start back the safe house and start again, however on nightmare you have 3 retries for a whole ACT which means starting all the way from the start.

The other issue is character selection you are fixed to one player through a whole act, whereas before in L4D you can change it, and they still haven't sorted the loot issue where the first person can get epic's / rare's even if they don't need it so frustrating. it took us a good 2 hours to complete act 1 and it's good to see that weapon skins are unlockable through progression and not micro transaction.

Caporegime
Having played the beta and now the full game I'm disappointed that they still implemented the retry system, especially on Nightmare difficulty when corruption cards can really mess up the run. retries has never been part of the L4D Franchise EVER if you die and your team lose you start back the safe house and start again, however on nightmare you have 3 retries for a whole ACT which means starting all the way from the start.

The other issue is character selection you are fixed to one player through a whole act, whereas before in L4D you can change it, and they still haven't sorted the loot issue where the first person can get epic's / rare's even if they don't need it so frustrating. it took us a good 2 hours to complete act 1 and it's good to see that weapon skins are unlockable through progression and not micro transaction.
I had a similar issue in the beta, although with pubs or AI, the first person into any area hoovered up all the ammo, even if they didn’t need it. I ran out so often!

Soldato
I had a similar issue in the beta, although with pubs or AI, the first person into any area hoovered up all the ammo, even if they didn’t need it. I ran out so often!

Luckily ammo has never been an issue as we all know each other, but normally we try and make sure we don't all use the same weapon shotty, sniper, assault, smg. Then just call out team members for Ammo. will be interesting to see how the custom decks work in later acts because in the whole of Act 1 you can only choose 1-2 from a 15 card deck, therefore i hope that it becomes more challenging on Veteran but able to use the decks against the corruption packs.

Back
Top Bottom