New World MMO

Caporegime
This was my biggest worry about the game after playing the beta, which is why I always said that I wouldnt buy until I saw how the game was doing on Dec 31st. I'm still standing by that, if its still doing well on the 31st Dec, then I will buy. We'll see how it continues to go.
Don't buy it until they add content for free, there's nothing really to keep people playing

Soldato
there's actually an MMO from the past extremely similar to this but done way better and it was a pvp/pve MMO
does anyone remember

that game was so good until they went full on pay2win even if it was a grind fest.

you could even become a pirate, the game had ship combat..... the game had proper PVP...the world was pretty huge and was a way better "new world" than what amazon did

In new world this is how basic the game is, you can't swim but you can still enter the water, your character just walks along the bottom until he drowns :D

Yeah I remember it, I was playing EVE at the time so obviosuly I had to no time for anything else. But friends played and they loved it for a while and then the cracks appeared.

Soldato
Isn't the dude that's in charge of Ashes of Creation a long time archeage fan, and that he's trying to make a westernised version rather than the p2w horror fest that archeage was. Admittedly it's a good 2 plus years out but something to look forward to.

Then again I also read that an archeage 2 is in dev, xl and kakao games, apparently to be made in unreal 5. What can go wrong... two of the biggest Korean developers of grindy cash grabs, working together. The pay2win for it one will be strong

Associate
So is everyone stopped playing this now?

Seems everyone is slagging it off

This thread has more posts from people crapping on the game who have never played it and like to often say they aren't interested and won't be buying it that is giving the impression you see.

Check https://newworldstatus.com/?

There's definitely a drop off from the launch but daily numbers are still healthy. The steam stats are going to be off because it would show people queued as well as those actually playing on a server. With the new AFK detection booting people trying to avoid it I've not seen a server queue since the start of last week.

Soldato
Level 52...been powering through. Enjoying it overall though there seems to be weird pacing with the main quest and dungeons where one minute I'm over levelled and the next getting absolutely nuked...though good thing is questing and new areas are healthy so its not as if I'm starved for xp just that they could have pathed it a bit better.

Probably doesn't help that I mainlined tank so dps is very low. Once 60 will likely just group pvp and dungeons to hunt for a few nice items.

Then sit on it until new content i guess. Enjoyed my time with it for the most part.

Soldato
I've really struggled getting a group for Amrine, I've been focused on levelling crafting and worried that I've missed the boat there as everyone is moving on to the higher level stuff, but the main quest is gated behind the dungeon.

Associate
I've really struggled getting a group for Amrine, I've been focused on levelling crafting and worried that I've missed the boat there as everyone is moving on to the higher level stuff, but the main quest is gated behind the dungeon.

There is people looking for Amrine all the time on Tanje, even higher levels re-run it.

Man of Honour

I misread that then and thought - "why do they want a group for Anime, sounds a bit dodgy!" :)

Soldato
I've read many complaints of cards dying whilst playing this game has that been solved now? I have very good cooling in my pc but still do not to take the risk.(do want to try the game though)

V F

V F

Soldato
I've read many complaints of cards dying whilst playing this game has that been solved now? I have very good cooling in my pc but still do not to take the risk.(do want to try the game though)

Cooling wasn't so much the issue. Something along the lines of the way the power delivery along with weak solder on certain batches of cards. Which was mainly on the 3000 series.

Caporegime
just stand outside the place and spam area chat and recruitment.

if you have an orb to get in mention that, only one person needs the key.
"DPS with KEY LFG Amrine" just spam it every 5 minutes to both channels, obviously change DPS to your roll, if your healer or tank you might wanna not mention the key your probably in need, let a dps use a key instead

you need 3 guys from your party at the entrance then the person with a key enters.

some high levels would probably even rerun it with you if you have the key so don't give up, most people probably only did the place once and would want to check it out again

Associate

It's a bit annoying to have it gated but for better or worse the game tries to get you to do things to experience it as a whole (like it forces you right at the start to learn about skinning). I tend to play late at night and didn't see much Amrine spam last night. During the day there's always people there. If you've got the key though then it shouldn't be hard to get a group going (sometimes it helps to actually be the group owner and form it rather than wait for someone to invite you in). I play on Niflheim so if anyone is there needing help I can run it. I've got faction quests to run there so even at lvl 38 it's fine. It's also easy loot farming for repair kits.

Some people have started to look at this and as mentioned it's part of the power delivery that's causing problems (particularly a subset of nVidia chips). It's like the sensors aren't quite coordinating or reporting properly allowing more power to be drawn through the card than intended and there's no internal protections to stop it going too far. Now that people have seen the weird power draw it's been seen in other things like benchmarking software.

Back
Top Bottom