Far Cry 6

Soldato
I can see why Ubisoft don't have Steam's 2h refund policy!
I've played every Far Cry to date but regret buying FC6 and would have refunded it on Steam.

Only 2 difficulty levels.
Terrible, terrible, gob-smackingly awful AI.
Graphics are meh at best - this is with the HD pack in 4K.
Such simplified gameplay compared to earlier FCs.

I so wish I'd waited for Mack's review on WAB, 'cos he is spot on.
I had to track that review down, not heard of WAB before. Very funny. End of the review with the dog I was expecting as soon as I saw it, but still very funny when it happened :).
He's made me want the game now despite giving it a poor review :D to have a good laugh at it if it;s that bad in some areas. I've always bought the FC games and 5 was a disappointed so will see what this is like.

Last edited:
Soldato
People don't like mac at wab because they think he puts everything down. They don't seem to realise he and others like him such as me are all for the golden age of games. e.g non pc forcing opinions and agendas down your throat with pathetic easy gameplay that holds your hands. Modern games these days are an utter travesty.

Associate
I'm so lost... How on earth do I change out my throwable weapons? I need some c4 or grenades to destroy AA.
Found the solution... Jesus wept that's not intuitive, you need to change the 'mod' on the supremo you have equipped.

Took me a while to deduce this too, but what I don't understand is that I have 4 mods - sticky grenades, dynamite, smoke bombs and something else. How do I cycle through these, as I only seem to be able to use sticky grenades. Or is that something you switch at the weapon mod station, like AP bullets or soft shelled ones? The whole "Be prepared" thing...

The 30 second AI respawn can get a little chaotic for stealth playstyles - snipe, sort out alarms, then full rambo seems to work best for me

Caporegime
Something else that wasn't obvious to me was that some mods are only usable on certain Supremos. For example, the starter Supremo can't equip EMP grenades, unless I still don't understand it :p

Soldato
Took me a while to deduce this too, but what I don't understand is that I have 4 mods - sticky grenades, dynamite, smoke bombs and something else. How do I cycle through these, as I only seem to be able to use sticky grenades. Or is that something you switch at the weapon mod station, like AP bullets or soft shelled ones? The whole "Be prepared" thing...

The 30 second AI respawn can get a little chaotic for stealth playstyles - snipe, sort out alarms, then full rambo seems to work best for me

Not sure for controller, but mouse+kb is hold Q to bring up the weapon wheel, then use the scroll wheel to cycler through the throwable weapons.

Something else that wasn't obvious to me was that some mods are only usable on certain Supremos. For example, the starter Supremo can't equip EMP grenades, unless I still don't understand it :p

Did not know that either! I'm using the EMP supremo simply as if the enemy is in any vehicle (tank, heli etc), the range is huge and will make all vehicles dead making it super easy to hijack them.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Forgot all about getting a code for this, checked my junk emails and discovered it earlier. Downloading now, 80ish gigs. :eek:
Less than half that if you don't have 16GB VRAM :cry:

HD Textures don't work unless you have 16GB apparently. Not even 12GB cards work with them properly.

Back
Top Bottom