Lone Echo 2 Launch Trailer

Soldato
You are going to buy a game that you think will be boring?

You never bought a game on sale that you know you wouldn't like enough to pay full price for?

I know it will be boring, the Upload review just confirmed that for me. More of the same as the first game but even slower paced.

When it's on sale for less than £5 I will buy it. Just because I thought some of the Vistas in the original game looked great and the graphics in Lone Echo 2 are supposed to be even better.

Soldato
OP
I loved the first game, and I knew the second would be more of the same. I don't mind a slow start as I love exploring the environments.

Having played it for a bit, it's definitely the best looking VR game I've seen in a long while - since Alyx, and it works great on my Index using Revive (I thought I'd charged my Quest 2 but it turned out I hadn't and the battery conked out).

Soldato
OP
Played quite a bit more last night, and it gets better and better the further you get in the game. I don't think we'll see another PC VR game as good looking as this for a long while.

Soldato
OP
The more I play this the better it gets. Once you get outside the station into space it's amazing. There was a similar moment in the original, but this is even better.

Associate
The more I play this the better it gets. Once you get outside the station into space it's amazing. There was a similar moment in the original, but this is even better.
Im only 3 hours in (ish) so still not had that moment but loving it so far!! It's very demanding, much more than the first game so get small stutters even with my 2080Ti but as its such a slow game it doesn't bother me. The sound design is also incredible. Definitely up there with the first LE so far which was probably my second favourite vr game after HLA

Soldato
OP
Finished this yesterday, and it seems like the last part of the game needed some more QA as I encountered a few bugs and objectives weren't highlighting.

But the ending was so emotional that my eyes started watering for some reason (must have got something in them :rolleyes::D).

The combination of writing, acting and animation really gets you to build a relationship with Liv, and that emotional connection is something I rarely encounter in games. Probably the only really other example is the Mass Effect trilogy. (Though the ME3 ending provoked a negative emotional reaction there!)

This game ranks as one of the best games I have ever played. In fact it doesn't feel like playing - it feels like you really are there and my memories aren't that of playing a game, but participating in an incredible adventure.

It's a shame that the release of this is limited to the Oculus platform. A wider Steam release would allow more people to play this without resorting to Revive to emulate the Oculus runtime.

That said, performance was pretty good on my Valve Index using Revive , but I do have a 3090FE.

Associate
Finished this yesterday, and it seems like the last part of the game needed some more QA as I encountered a few bugs and objectives weren't highlighting.

But the ending was so emotional that my eyes started watering for some reason (must have got something in them :rolleyes::D).

The combination of writing, acting and animation really gets you to build a relationship with Liv, and that emotional connection is something I rarely encounter in games. Probably the only really other example is the Mass Effect trilogy. (Though the ME3 ending provoked a negative emotional reaction there!)

This game ranks as one of the best games I have ever played. In fact it doesn't feel like playing - it feels like you really are there and my memories aren't that of playing a game, but participating in an incredible adventure.

It's a shame that the release of this is limited to the Oculus platform. A wider Steam release would allow more people to play this without resorting to Revive to emulate the Oculus runtime.

That said, performance was pretty good on my Valve Index using Revive , but I do have a 3090FE.
Damn that's fine praise! Been away from my PC recently so not even half way through yet but definitely looking forward to getting back to it
Everything you said about it sounds like my opinion on the first game so seems like a winner!

Back
Top Bottom