Where has the MM disappeared to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There was a user who posted earlier saying their account had been hacked and it was being used to sell a graphics card in mm. Looked like there were a few similar style posts from different users.

Bad if true, mm runs on trusting users on here.

Soldato
Damn that’s not good - well done to the mods for jumping on it though. Not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that happen in MM and I’ve been using it for a very long time…

Soldato
Got the 2FA enabled on my forum account luckily. But sounds scary if they get in and redirect the trust email to impersonate a fellow member to defraud another.

Soldato
Wait, what breach? What's the mechanism and who has been impacted? This needs disclosure. Is 2FA enough or is this a backend hack that bypasses the need for (the hacker to use) it? Time for a forum upgrade to something secure that actually supports markdown? :p

Soldato
Wait, what breach? What's the mechanism and who has been impacted? This needs disclosure. Is 2FA enough or is this a backend hack that bypasses the need for (the hacker to use) it? Time for a forum upgrade to something secure that actually supports markdown? :p
2FA would stop them from gaining access to your account even if they guessed your PW. It's probably the trust system they attack by changing the email of the hacked account so someone sends a trust thinking they're emailing the right member.

I've seen those GPU threads with BT only and no photos included. Just got to be a little wary at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom