• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k - worth upgrading?

Soldato
Good morning,

I’m really out of date with CPUs and haven’t been following the trend for a few years.

I currently run an i9 9900k and a 3090. Would there be any real world benefit to actually upgrade to something like the 5950x?

My rig is pretty much used solely for gaming.

Thanks,
Dave

Associate
I imagine you will be pretty much GPU limited 99% of the time at that resolution so tbh i would save the money and carry on with what you have and maybe look at upgrading the GPU next year to a 4000 series and the i9 will still be absolutely fine as long as your not shooting for 400fps :)

Man of Honour
Good morning,

I’m really out of date with CPUs and haven’t been following the trend for a few years.

I currently run an i9 9900k and a 3090. Would there be any real world benefit to actually upgrade to something like the 5950x?

Thanks,
Dave

The 9900 has held up pretty well, so you didn't miss much.

Soldato
Their seems to a decent uplift from the 5950X, a little surprised how much TBH. If it’s worth the price of a CPU, motherboard and cooler upgrade is another question entirely.

Soldato
Good morning,

Thanks,
Dave

You haven't lost much. 9900K is a still a great CPU if clocked to 5.2Ghz with good RAM.

Back
Top Bottom