Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I've not played MW, CW or Warzone since February (8-months ago), but yesterday installed it again on my new PC and found that I couldn't connect to any games.

After a bit of a google I checked my activision account and found that it's "under review"...

I checked my (dreadful) stats on cod.tracker.gg and nobody has used my account since I last played in February.

I've no idea how long it's been under review because I've not tried to use it for ages... literally 8-months.

I contacted support who only replied to confirm that it's in review, they wouldn't say why or since when.

I'm a bit stumped. Did I miss a bodged ban-wave over the last few months, has this happened to anyone else, am I likely to get my account back?

:confused:

My account got banned on the 30th Sept and I am still trying to get Activision to acknowledge what it was they are supposed to have detected on my PC.
I have never done a thing wrong and my PC setup and programs running are the same as they have been since the launch of the game.

Checked my online stats and could see no unusual activity just my normal barely average user stats 0.86KD and limited amount of wins in Warzone.

Appealed immediately thinking they would notice the error and reinstate my account but they upheld the ban.
The appeal process is rigged as they provide no evidence so it is very difficult to provide a counter argument other than say I did nothing wrong.

If your account is being reviewed then it is likely they will give it back mine however was instantly perma banned and appears to have a hardware ID ban as well.

So I will continue to try and get it reversed although it is looking unlikely on my part.

Does anybody actually know what Activision/Raven is currently using for detection in game as we all know there is no dedicated anticheat or do they base findings on user reports in game?

Soldato
Really unsure why they even bothered with that message, say nothing.. Implement anti cheat measures without any notice would have been a good choice, I can't wait to see how some of the pro players suddenly become absolutely terrible.

Soldato
Really unsure why they even bothered with that message, say nothing.. Implement anti cheat measures without any notice would have been a good choice, I can't wait to see how some of the pro players suddenly become absolutely terrible.
:D

Just imagine. I can only think they wont stream any more and/or will come up with excuses

Soldato
Well its a very agressive message and the fact its gone out to everyone suggests they must be pretty confident its going to be effective.
I dont watch twitch or know any streamers names but I expect to see a plethora of people claiming they have been banned incorrectly.

It will be at least good for me because I suck bad at the game but still enjoy it so having at least some sort of confidence that the last 10 heashots from 1 mile away with the K-Swiss were legit will be nice.

Associate
After a bit of a google I checked my activision account and found that it's "under review"...

.. got my account back today.

No explanation or communication though. I just checked my account this morning and noticed it had changed from "under review" to "no ban detected".

I guess raising the support ticket is the trigger that gets things moving, but I've still no idea why my account got banned in the first place.

I find it mental that they can ban you from using something you've paid for, without any communication, and at the same time allow you to make store purchases that you don't even realise you are banned from using.

Associate
I am still fighting to get unbanned for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
It is a pain as once the appeal is done there is very little avenue to get the case reviewed.

Essentially Activision denies access to content paid for by the user with zero evidence provided by them other than a ban they have issued.
Still interested to know how people get banned currently before anti cheat is actually introduced.

Soldato
My account got banned on the 30th Sept and I am still trying to get Activision to acknowledge what it was they are supposed to have detected on my PC.
I have never done a thing wrong and my PC setup and programs running are the same as they have been since the launch of the game.

Checked my online stats and could see no unusual activity just my normal barely average user stats 0.86KD and limited amount of wins in Warzone.

Appealed immediately thinking they would notice the error and reinstate my account but they upheld the ban.
The appeal process is rigged as they provide no evidence so it is very difficult to provide a counter argument other than say I did nothing wrong.

If your account is being reviewed then it is likely they will give it back mine however was instantly perma banned and appears to have a hardware ID ban as well.

So I will continue to try and get it reversed although it is looking unlikely on my part.

Does anybody actually know what Activision/Raven is currently using for detection in game as we all know there is no dedicated anticheat or do they base findings on user reports in game?
Why don't you just go off and play another game? It's not like it's a job or anything

Back
Top Bottom