When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
And how exactly do you think that causes the brakes to overheat?

Like I said, I think you're confusing DCC with ESP (or XDS) which would use the brakes for stability / handling.

Soldato
Picked up an ID.3 last week. 58kwh pro performance with basic alloys.

Already have a facelift Model 3 performance as our other EV and have to say I am impressed with it. The ID3 is plenty fast enough, smooth and has a solid feel to it, and deceivingly lots of room inside for what is essentially a hatchback.

sB0O1Q6.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't see a really good reason why you'd get one over the M3P to be honest at that price.
I can't see why you'd pay £60k for the M3P over the M3 LR with the Performance upgrade for £52k.

In terms of going for the BMW i4 over the TM3.
  • If you don't need to use public chargers then one of the large benefits of going for a Tesla isn't required.
  • Most reviews of the TM3 conclude that the interior materials and quality isn't in line with the cost of the car - BMW/Audi/Mercedes definitely improve in this area.
  • The look of the TM3 isn't to everyone's taste - it's very jelly mold

Soldato
This. Designing a car that allows this is criminally negligent and, if I had my way, any car that allows fundamental driving operations like this to be modified by an over-the-air update would be illegal to drive on the roads.
What? Why?
OTA updates are only going to become more popular with other manufacturers into the future. It also means issues can be fixed without having to take a day out to visit a dealer.

Soldato
This. Designing a car that allows this is criminally negligent and, if I had my way, any car that allows fundamental driving operations like this to be modified by an over-the-air update would be illegal to drive on the roads.
Presumably you'd ban any car from any manufacturer awaiting a safety recall that needs dealer attention from driving on the roads also?

Or do you just not like Tesla?

Soldato

Well lets thank the powers that be that you don't have any control on the vehicles that come on to our roads, or we'd all be in Flinstone's mobiles. :p

You might want to tell us all what is so alarming in that article, rather than just link an entire page about a car from over 3-years ago, that had an update that improved it.

Caporegime
Well lets thank the powers that be that you don't have any control on the vehicles that come on to our roads, or we'd all be in Flinstone's mobiles. :p

Yes, because putting a massive security hole into cars is necessary to stop them being flintstones!?

You might want to tell us all what is so alarming in that article, rather than just link an entire page about a car from over 3-years ago, that had an update that improved it.

I figured on a computer forum that would be obvious. One day someone will hack that and kill people.

Back
Top Bottom