Old guy who likes gaming

Associate
Hey guys could you point me in the right direction, to get a 1440p 144hz or higher monitor with real good colour and picture quality. At the moment i have Dell 2719DGF TN panel. I play Black Ops cold war and a lot of the time i struggle to see anybody at distance in the game with this monitor, maybe it's just me or it may even be the game ( i am 61years now and my eyes need all the help i can get :) ) I have been looking for months and get so confused with all the monitors on sale. Any help would be great. Thankyou

Soldato
I'm 60 myself, I'm sure you can select a perk in cod that shows up enemy name tags at greater distance.
I use a lg cx 48 and I'm still useless at spotting players at distance on warzone

Associate
I noticed the same thing recently, i think its the games adding more affects (rain / moving grass) that makes it harder to see people.
Size of monitor may also be an issue, moving from 24" to 27" makes it harder to scan the monitor for enemies when your peripheral vision may not be great.

Soldato
I'm 60 myself, I'm sure you can select a perk in cod that shows up enemy name tags at greater distance.
I use a lg cx 48 and I'm still useless at spotting players at distance on warzone

How far to do sit away from that screen? It's generally hard or slower to spot things on a larger screen as you've got more area to scan with your eyes

Associate
Hey guys could you point me in the right direction, to get a 1440p 144hz or higher monitor with real good colour and picture quality. At the moment i have Dell 2719DGF TN panel. I play Black Ops cold war and a lot of the time i struggle to see anybody at distance in the game with this monitor, maybe it's just me or it may even be the game ( i am 61years now and my eyes need all the help i can get :) ) I have been looking for months and get so confused with all the monitors on sale. Any help would be great. Thankyou

Depends on your budget but a decent 1440p IPS 144/165Hz Monitor is a great choice - Consider the LG 27GN850-B for the role!

Soldato
Having played pc games since the early 2000s I also notice things are a bit harder to spot. Years ago playing CS betas on a 15" crt my eyes were young enough to cope. Now north of 50 its not so easy. I just bought a MSI Optix G27 and for BF1 it's great even for an old sod like me.

Back
Top Bottom