New OCUK Website?

Associate
Getting a little frustrated as after seeing the security breech last night and then finding a "new" site which shows up on Firefox with store at the start and then looking on chrome and finding the original site and address.
So which is it? I'd obviously like to reset my password but which site do I trust?

Timing of a new site seems a bit off if you're visiting off the back of a hack.

Edit: and then it says to complete a captcha and no captcha is visible.

Capodecina
Soldato
Just wait for the massive OCUK source code leak and user account dump, including all the media from the top secret pr0n subforum, coming soon to a 4chan board near you.

Soldato
I appreciate the mods for acting quick on the 'breach' but binning each thread related to it is not helping.

It wasn't OCUK that was breached, just some specific members with insecure passwords and then OCUK was targeted as the latest wave of scammers have determined forum folk to be way more trustworthy than they should be.

Both store URLs work, look up the post by Gibbo. Change both passwords, simples.

Soldato
It wasn't OCUK that was breached, just some specific members with insecure passwords ...

Didn't know it happened. So only a few OcUK website (i assume not the forum) accounts were accessed (bruteforced/sprayed) and nothing else was touched or breached?

...look up the post by Gibbo...

Forum search is failing me; have you got a link?

Soldato
So has our data been breached or not
No

Didn't know it happened. So only a few OcUK website (i assume not the forum) accounts were accessed (bruteforced/sprayed) and nothing else was touched or breached?

Forum search is failing me; have you got a link?
A few accounts of individuals who use the same ID/Password on some other website have been 'breached' and those credentials have been tried on many websites including ocuk.

This is why it is critical to use a different password per website.

Soldato
Is anyone else having trouble with payment options? Can't seem to get anything on amazon pay and trying to use paypal just goes to

OH! SOMETHING WENT WRONG.
Error:
no payment method selected

tried two different browsers just the same. No trouble at other sites I can't mention.

edit: ok chrome takes me to the old site and I guess payment has been disabled? Waterfox takes me to the new site and wants a password reset.

Last edited:
Commissario
No

A few accounts of individuals who use the same ID/Password on some other website have been 'breached' and those credentials have been tried on many websites including ocuk.

This is why it is critical to use a different password per website.

Not only this, there is an option to enable 2FA on your OcUK account and I strongly encourage every single member to use it. Don't pick email, go for a code via app.

PLKLZGO.png

Back
Top Bottom