** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Soldato
They were having a bit of dig on the JV show this morning (yes thats right, I watched it) only 62 miles up. Not quite as far as the moon ~1/4 million miles away - and the same back.

Space should really be defined as no longer being a part of the Atmosphere, so after the thermosphere at a minimum, exosphere if you really want to get nitpicky

AMQV7jk.png

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well aside from Bezos being a utter arse, well that goes along side, Branson and Super fake Elon.

I am super jealous of this folks getting in space I have to say, I guess Branson is not even in space and its just a super high plane ride....

Still their is always hope of a lotto win and trumping them all and pootling off to Russia to get on the ISS :)

Soldato
I get the sentiment especially towards the tourism aspect.
But we as mankind would be foolish on a grand scale not to persue space travel with the end goal of being a multi-planetary civilisation.
However, although space tourism may seem frivolous, surely its pushes and advances the affordability and technology of space travel.

It's still very very early days for space travel, but mankind can't put all its eggs in one basket (earth). We as a species can only play this game of chance for so long before our number is up.

Soldato
"I think that ultimately is what sold it for me - that really is quite crucial to be focusing on this [planet] rather than giving up and heading out into space to try and think of solutions for the future."
Wanting to go to Mars doesn't mean we have given up on this planet.

He wouldn't dare criticize actual tourism, which he engages in, and contributes far greater damage than space tourism does.

Soldato
Updates from Musk:

* FAA to approve launches soon

* first orbital flight test in January

* Planning for 12 orbital flight tests in 2022

* Start carrying customer payloads in 2023

Back
Top Bottom