The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Caporegime
Finally, finally finished Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy. 8/10. Revelations turned out to be really good in the end. I'll give it a few weeks now before I source a copy of Assassin's Creed III Remastered to play next.

Soldato
Psychonauts 2, absolutely loved it start to finish to the degree where I actually completed all achievements for the game. After completing the main story I rarely retain interest to complete all the side bits of a game so this one really did well.
9/10 for me.

Man of Honour
Psychonauts 2, absolutely loved it start to finish to the degree where I actually completed all achievements for the game. After completing the main story I rarely retain interest to complete all the side bits of a game so this one really did well.
9/10 for me.

3D platformers need the renaissance that Metroidvanias are having.

Man of Honour
Miles Morales - 9.5/10

What an absolutely brilliant game. Visually impressive, audio is a step up from Spider-Man remastered, gameplay more fluid, impressive dual sense features. Story was good, although wasn’t as invested in it as Spider-Man remastered. Can’t wait for the next game, that’ll be a day 1 purchase for me.

Man of Honour
TLOU Remastered - 10/10

Wow, wow, wow. Having finally sat down to play it, I played through in two sittings. There are many games that grip me that much. Incredible. Onto the 2nd now and I’m already gripped.

Soldato
12 Minutes - 6/10

First half of the game was interesting, trying to figure out where to start. But progression quickly becomes very linear, and thus frustrating. I had to look up a guide how to find out progress a few times, only to discover I had the right idea but wasn't quite executing it in the way the game expected.

Soldato
TLOU Remastered - 10/10

Wow, wow, wow. Having finally sat down to play it, I played through in two sittings. There are many games that grip me that much. Incredible. Onto the 2nd now and I’m already gripped.
One of the best games I’ve played - if you liked the first, the second is a wild ride. I played through the second again the other week. :)

Associate
Salt and Sanctuary 10/10

Wow what a game, slightly easier version of dark souls but in 2D. Has a huge map with plenty of short cuts and secrets to unlock. Boss fights are very good, lots and lots to do especially with all the creeds. Combat is very satisfying with a ton of weapons and armour to upgrade. I went down the tank route as I normally do.

Blasphemous 9/10

Same as the above really but has a much darker tone. I gave this a 9 just because I thought it could have been a tiny bit longer. The setting and dark tone really makes this game stand out.

Next up bloodstained.

Really getting into these 2d side scrolling metroidvania type games. Welcome any recommendations for Xbox and PC I like games with secrets and short cuts to find. Does a thread exist with a list of these type of games?

Soldato
Deathloop 9/10

I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would tbh. I usually hate games with a die restart theme but this does it so well you never feel cheated. Suitcase machine guns have never been such fun…..

Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10

Starts really well and looks fantastic, Great story and music but about half way it becomes a bit stale and bullet spongy. The game even jokes about this on many occasions. Well worth a play through…….

Caporegime
Salt and Sanctuary 10/10

Wow what a game, slightly easier version of dark souls but in 2D. Has a huge map with plenty of short cuts and secrets to unlock. Boss fights are very good, lots and lots to do especially with all the creeds. Combat is very satisfying with a ton of weapons and armour to upgrade. I went down the tank route as I normally do.

Is this similar to Hollow Knight at all?

Associate
Is this similar to Hollow Knight at all?

Yes and no, think Hollow Knight but without the dashing to ledges etc. It is basically a 2D version of Dark Souls. Plenty of short cuts and secret areas. It has magic, shields and you can also parry. So map wise it is the same idea.

If you enjoyed Hollow Knight you should enjoy this.

Caporegime
Yes and no, think Hollow Knight but without the dashing to ledges etc. It is basically a 2D version of Dark Souls. Plenty of short cuts and secret areas. It has magic, shields and you can also parry. So map wise it is the same idea.

If you enjoyed Hollow Knight you should enjoy this.

Nice, I'll check it out then.

Associate
Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10

Loved the characters and dialogue from start to finish. The game made me laugh more than any I can remember. Unfortunately the combat gets a bit stale, plus there are quite a few bugs & "unpolished" bits here and there.

Man of Honour
TLOU2 - 10/10

Not sure a 10 does it justice. I’m exhausted, so many ups and downs. One hell of a story. There aren’t many games when you think, wow, what an undertaking developing such a thing. I kept thinking I was reaching the end, and then nope, a whole new addition to the story.

Back
Top Bottom