Windows 11 time spy results a bit of a shock

Associate
So i've been testing windows 11 for a while now and ended up stumbling upon something that has me totally confused and at odds with everyone else. I don't know if it's because i had a win10 issue a few months ago or if its the case that win11 is just that good. I just don't know whats going on.

First off, i know about the ryzen cpu thing with win11. It doesn't seem to be afecting me very much. Games are playing at the same level as on win10. The same fps. Also i got this from cinebench. You can see its just 15 points under what it should be.

Noname.png

The problem is 3dmark. Time spy. Look 3 months ago i built a rig for my ex wife. I built her one similar to mine. I used time spy to show her what her machine scored (6300) compaired to my machine (6900). I still have the pics on my phone from it.

Well i ran time spy on win11 and the results blew me away. I've ran it a few times now just to make sure it wasn't some kind of mistake. I'm now getting around about this.

Noname1.png

For some reason my time spy is marking me much higher than on win10. I still have the pic on my phone of my pc scoring in the 6900's. There's no mistake. The upgrade i did has somehow boosted my time spy score.

Anyone got any idea whats going on here because i refuse to believe im the only one getting a boost from it. Besides it doesn't actually translate to extra fps in games so im very sceptical atm.

Soldato
There's too little information to go off really, but your current score is under the average score for your hardware according to the 3D Mark results search so I'd suggest your old installation was under performing (maybe you're now using a driver which is better optimised for this benchmark which you weren't before).

Associate
OP
There's too little information to go off really, but your current score is under the average score for your hardware according to the 3D Mark results search so I'd suggest your old installation was under performing (maybe you're now using a driver which is better optimised for this benchmark which you weren't before).

I actually think your right. All i did was install win11 using the install assistant then i upgraded audio, nvidia and ryzen chipset drivers. That's the only difference.

Here's another example. I'm getting a boost in firestrike as well.

This was done about a year ago (because its the only old firestrike test i have pics off)
20200923-193655.jpg

The same test just ran 5mns ago. Same equipment, same settings.
Noname3.png

So thats over a 600 point increase

Here's the only thing that confuses me. It doesn't translate to extra fps during games. For example. Destiny 2 at max settings, 1440p, 144hz. When i run around trostland and the church at the edz i usually get 70-110fps depending on where i am and where i'm looking. Thats exactlly the same on my system atm. I did not gain any extra fps. So even though my 3dmark scores are up, im not seeing any extra fps.

Associate
So thats over a 600 point increase

Here's the only thing that confuses me. It doesn't translate to extra fps during games.

600points is only a 3% increase on a very specific workload. You mention that you see 70-110fps during the game .. which is in the region of 50% difference in fps during the game. You'll never notice 3% when game fps is varying x10 that amount.

Hence why I dont understand the fascination with bench scores from a single test used as a comparison against literally hundreds of games all using different game engines.

Associate
OP
600points is only a 3% increase on a very specific workload. You mention that you see 70-110fps during the game .. which is in the region of 50% difference in fps during the game. You'll never notice 3% when game fps is varying x10 that amount.

Hence why I dont understand the fascination with bench scores from a single test used as a comparison against literally hundreds of games all using different game engines.

What's to understand? That's quite a signifiacant increase im getting in all tests. Especially time spy. I'm getting a larger mark up than overclocking can give you and i'm NOT overclocking. And it passes across in some degree to all tests. Every test is up by a good amount. This is not what win11 is supposed to be like. It's supposed to be about the same or just under win10, if you believe the crap about ryzen cpu's. The question remains, why am i so high on both 3dmark tests?

Associate
Most likely the previous runs on Windows 10 was 'Under performing'. Getting a result of 'Good' in recent run suggests it still might be underperforming regardless of windows 11. I guess the only way to know for sure is to install a clean windows 10 and run again.

Back
Top Bottom