• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6600 review thread

Soldato
and they still sell, OC is a business, most business is about making profits and lots of them, so why folk so surprised?, plus gpu's have been at silly prices for ages now, not as if its stopped those from buying, i bought a series s instead and happy with that,till it all dies down in a few yrs,lol. businesses laughing all the way to the bank, because folk keep buying doesnt matter how high the price goes, there still be buyers. and if if you think for one minute businesses give a toss about its customers, think again.
if no one buys prices fall, simple economics how much can we shaft customers until they say enough:cry:
OcUK had 6600 XTs for £330 at launch a couple of months ago. Even for a week after launch you could buy a fantastic model like the Sapphire Pulse or Nitro for less than the cheapest of those 6600s. Not sure what happened this time.

Associate
OcUK had 6600 XTs for £330 at launch a couple of months ago. Even for a week after launch you could buy a fantastic model like the Sapphire Pulse or Nitro for less than the cheapest of those 6600s. Not sure what happened this time.

Yeah doesn't make any sense. What else doesn't make any sense is why people who were gonna buy around the £400 mark didn't already buy a 6600xt as it was not long ago. These 6600s at £400 is just bizarre.

Soldato
Even at MSRP it's not a good deal considering it has the same MSRP as a 3060 with less VRAM, weaker RT and cut down bandwidth.

Associate
Even at MSRP it's not a good deal considering it has the same MSRP as a 3060 with less VRAM, weaker RT and cut down bandwidth.
Well, I guess there would be a big market for a 75W version though. If they could offer a 6500 at under 75W it might appeal to a lot OEM users. But even the 1650 Super / Ti would normally never sell at anywhere near £300.

Money no objective, I wonder whether whether 6600 / 6700 XT or 6800 when downclocked and undervolted would have the best perf/watt. Rather suspect perf/watt really wants as much cache as possible so the memory bus can be downclocked too.

Associate
The cards are sold out at £400 :(
Crazy!
But colder months, the run up to Xmas and so on now makes the talk of renewed shortages coming up which I mostly dismissed in the summer look real.

No idea if sales are just crazy or what.

Maybe Sony are really pushing for more PS5s, but that would only affect AMD since Nvidia are on Samsung's 8nm. I did notice that a certain high street seller off used stuff put up all their GPU prices at the beginning of the week, which is a bad sign.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If Gibbo manages to negotiate a limited price of £299 I'll get one. That's not too much of a stretch considering the 6600XT started as low as £329 I believe.

Lol, I thought these went on sale tomorrow for some reason. Did any list below the £399 ones on the current stock page?

If the XT's were below this, that's a tough pill to swallow.

Soldato
Lol, I thought these went on sale tomorrow for some reason. Did any list below the £399 ones on the current stock page?

If the XT's were below this, that's a tough pill to swallow.

The cheapest I saw in stock at another retailer was £379.99 this was later in the day when it was in stock still, earlier in the day I missed the release and didn't see any cheaper prices that were actually in stock. Seems everywhere they are sold out now anyways. Sadly this says a lot about next gen pricing to come as 2-4 year old level of cards are now basically £400 and aimed at 1080p... You know while 8K is coming out and will be the norm in 5 years probably like how they forced 4k tvs on us by removing 1080p tvs from the market.

OCUK didn't sell any from what was said on the forums so guessing they waited for other retailers to sell out and then well price it as high as they can and sell them that way, now they know even cheap models sold for over £400... so the prices will start there I guess when they sell whatever stock they have.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Seems everywhere they are sold out now anyways. Sadly this says a lot about next gen pricing to come as 2-4 year old level of cards are now basically £400 and aimed at 1080p... You know while 8K is coming out and will be the norm in 5 years probably like how they forced 4k tvs on us by removing 1080p tvs from the market.

I hear ya. I thought we were pushing to finally get gamers onto 1440p not go backwards. Considering the release 6600XT's were around £350, was expecting even a small sample to start the regular 6600s at £299.

Back
Top Bottom