Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Man of Honour
I interpreted the mention of the number of adults in the tapas bar party to mean that Gerry and Kate McCann weren’t the only parents dining there that had left their children in the hotel complex.
I’m not coming down on the side of that being acceptable or otherwise, just that that was the reason that other adults were mentioned.

It's very important because they were all taking turns into looking in on each others kids.
It wasn't just the McCann's, another 7 adults were involved in the care of them.
They all failed.
There are many people in here who think it was just the McCann family.

Soldato
This has been going on for almost my whole working life. The way it has dragged on and on with no further evidence is suspect tbh. Anyone suggesting looking at the parents of people at the house at the time gets instantly shut down by higher ups.

Soldato
In fairness, yes they shouldn't have left their daughter unattended, though it's not their "fault" someone abducted her, I'm sure there have been cases where children could be abducted while their parents were asleep in the same house. Also I bet countless children have been left unattended for some hours in a locked house or apartment and been absolutely fine. Bad people do bad things and sometimes get away with it. I understand the desire to dislike the parents a bit based on the amount of money raised and spent and the disparity between this kid going missing and other peoples.

Man of Honour
100% but the 9 adults all took responsibility.
And I agree, if you put your child into Day Care and it gets abducted it is still the parents fault.

Am I missing something here?
If parents take their child to an approved, 100% above board licenced Day Care nursery and the child is abducted or somehow sneaks out and disappears down the street, how is the parent at fault?
Surely you’re not intimating that entrusting a child to Day Care is a sign of bad parenting are you?

Soldato
Is this still going on?

Assuming the parents had nothing to do with it a feel terribly sorry for them, I mean, there is literally nothing worse?

But common.......time to call it a day? Even if by some miracle she did turn up, that's going to be some grown woman, not that little girl.

I also think about treating everyone fairly, I bet this amount of money isn't spent on every missing child case.

Man of Honour
Am I missing something here?
If parents take their child to an approved, 100% above board licenced Day Care nursery and the child is abducted or somehow sneaks out and disappears down the street, how is the parent at fault?
Surely you’re not intimating that entrusting a child to Day Care is a sign of bad parenting are you?

I was taking the pee.
Nine adults took responsibility for all those kids, they all failed, not just the McCann's.

Soldato
I know this might sound silly, but the reason I think she died in an accident, is the fact they claim they left the apartment door open.

Now I don't have children but I wouldn't even leave my dog in a open house, I wouldn't even leave the dog in a house with a window open that was big enough that someone could reach in and open anything.

I apparently have more respect for safety of my pets that these two do for their children.
Its inconceivable to me that you would leave two children in an apartment that they could accidentally escape but also go out to dinner half away across the complex, so much so that I think its a lie.

Associate
Madeleine McCann was born in 2003. She's no longer a missing child. In the unlikely event that she's still alive, she'll be regarded as a missing person and have to be treated as any other missing person now.

Although people will always go missing for whatever reason, it's worth reflecting on how fast the cops are able to catch criminals and terrorists these days. Ronnie Biggs wouldn't have made it a hundred miles away if the Great Train Robbery happened today. Everyone involved in the Brinks Mat Heist, including those who fenced the gold have been caught. The only thing the cops are working on now is who ended up with the gold and which criminal activites its funding after it passed hands from the wealthy to the underworld.

To imagine that a high-profile child abduction case could go on this long without a lead worth having, doesn't bode well.

Caporegime
I know this might sound silly, but the reason I think she died in an accident, is the fact they claim they left the apartment door open.

Now I don't have children but I wouldn't even leave my dog in a open house, I wouldn't even leave the dog in a house with a window open that was big enough that someone could reach in and open anything.

I apparently have more respect for safety of my pets that these two do for their children.
Its inconceivable to me that you would leave two children in an apartment that they could accidentally escape but also go out to dinner half away across the complex, so much so that I think its a lie.

So the following logical step from your position she died in an accident is, the Mccans after finding this out after or part way through dinner managed to so brilliantly and completely hide the body that it wasn't found in such a big hunt with no preparation or planning.

while also not traveling so far as to raise any major suspicion that would have focused a search.

Soldato
I know this might sound silly,
You're right.

And as horrific as leaving the door unlocked was, the story makes sense. It's like a series of unfortunate events. Hotel offered a 1 hour checking service, so clearly leaving kids in the room was a thing. Opening the door makes horrendous noise, we've all been there. The patio door can only be locked from the inside, it made no noise.

It isn't such a conspiracy theory as say, Sandy Hook.

Man of Honour
So the following logical step from your position she died in an accident is, the Mccans after finding this out after or part way through dinner managed to so brilliantly and completely hide the body that it wasn't found in such a big hunt with no preparation or planning.

while also not traveling so far as to raise any major suspicion that would have focused a search.

But they had seven other adults to help them who were in on it.

Back
Top Bottom