I'm waiting for the man . . .

Capodecina
Soldato
Brian Eno said:
The first Velvet Underground album only sold 10,000 copies, but everyone who bought it formed a band.
A documentary has been made about The Velvet Underground and will presumably be limited to broadcast by one of the streaming services - certainly initially.

There are various other retrospectives of bands that never seem to reach a wide audience (e.g. Carol, I'm Not There, Summer of Soul) and it does seem somewhat sad that this happens - in a perfect world, they would all be available on iPlayer.

But SPARKS? Who on Earth has ever heard of Sparks :confused:

Capodecina
Soldato
I don't get The Velvet Underground. In fact I don't get popular music made before 1970. It speaks to and for a different generation and it's almost like another language to me.

Man of Honour

May I paraphrase that?
I’d be inclined to say, who has NEVER heard of Sparks.
I’m fully aware of Ron and Russell Mael, and my early musical interests started with Bill Haley and The Comets, and Buddy Holly and The Crickets, possibly as far back as “Tennessee” Ernie Ford.

Associate
One of the longest running and most successful underground bands of all time?

"Angst in My Pants,” “The No. 1 Song in Heaven,” “Lighten Up, Morrissey” and “Edith Piaf (Said It Better Than Me)," great songs, and very weird - I love them

Soldato
giphy.gif

Caporegime
A documentary has been made about The Velvet Underground and will presumably be limited to broadcast by one of the streaming services - certainly initially.

There are various other retrospectives of bands that never seem to reach a wide audience (e.g. Carol, I'm Not There, Summer of Soul) and it does seem somewhat sad that this happens - in a perfect world, they would all be available on iPlayer.

My question is who hasnt? You seriously saying you have never heard of Sparks??????

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Sparks were one of my favourite bands and I still listen to Kimono My House, Propaganda & Indiscreet.
I have 20 albums by them and seen them live several times.
Well I nevah - 20 albums :eek: As @Greebo says "Underground".

In fairness, I have heard "This town ain't big enough for the both of us" but had never heard of Sparks before today.

Back
Top Bottom