Helped my mum declutter her house and found my old games; is there anything of note here?

Associate
Hi all, if it's against the rules to make threads like this then feel free to close the thread. Otherwise, maybe this haul will be a nice nostalgia trip for some. I'm not completely clueless about the value of some of these games (though why Persona 3 FES on PS2 is worth so much I have no idea).

F7vEJy8.jpeg
xI8ClJk.jpeg
oAMRApf.jpeg
nDnQM2S.jpeg
5JkcjHK.jpeg
MA3XlEz.jpeg
lNFuR7i.jpeg
OseCLSa.jpeg
hQJTFjo.jpeg
MP7aevs.jpeg

A few notes:
- Pokemon Silver, Majora's Mask and Yugioh are just the boxes unfortunately; no games inside :(
- The other boxes are fully boxed
- Duplicates are because I raided my old flat before I moved out (found loads of stuff in the attic!)
- Legend of Dragoon is mint and is apparently worth a lot.
- I have all the respective consoles too!

Are the PC games all completely worthless; should I just charity shop those?
Are the demo discs worthless or would someone want those?

Any tips, or comments would be greatly appreciated. I think I want to sell the vast majority of this so advice on that would be appreciated too (unless against the rules).

Thanks for any words guys.

Soldato
@exhashdotdot Hello. Thanks for sharing some retro goody pictures with us.

This is probably what you don't want to hear, but, yes there's some nice things in those pictures, but it's a faff to sell.

As a buyer of CD based games, I'd like to know, is the disc scrached, is the box in good condition, are all the manuals there? The more high-quality pictures, the better the interest.

Can you test any of this stuff? If not, then it's sold as seen and buyer-beware. Don't forget that shipping will need to be 'signed for' to prove the recipient received the goods.

To get top-dollar, you need to put the work in to sell. See what your competitors selling the same stuff have in terms of pictures and feedback ratings.

Soldato
Those 3 mario games on nes can fetch you 100k
If they were mint boxed or sealed, carts arent mega money :p

Deffo a good few quids worth there but as mentioned if you want the top dollar you need to put some graft in.

The pc games arent really worth anything especially since a number of them have used serials. Probably worth chucking on a local sales page for a 5-10. Diablo 2 is worth a bit but yours are the budget later releases which arent as desirable.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys.

@exhashdotdot

As a buyer of CD based games, I'd like to know, is the disc scrached, is the box in good condition, are all the manuals there? The more high-quality pictures, the better the interest.

Can you test any of this stuff? If not, then it's sold as seen and buyer-beware. Don't forget that shipping will need to be 'signed for' to prove the recipient received the goods.

To get top-dollar, you need to put the work in to sell. See what your competitors selling the same stuff have in terms of pictures and feedback ratings.

I think I'm happy to give that a go. I have the original consoles so I think if I were to list them on eBay, I might take a photo of the game working properly on original hardware. In short, yes, I'm happy to put the work in :p

If they were mint boxed or sealed, carts arent mega money :p

Deffo a good few quids worth there but as mentioned if you want the top dollar you need to put some graft in.

The pc games arent really worth anything especially since a number of them have used serials. Probably worth chucking on a local sales page for a 5-10. Diablo 2 is worth a bit but yours are the budget later releases which arent as desirable.

Yeah I had a quick look on CeX (for a rough baseline on pricing) and the vast majority of those PC games they'd buy for 1p! (Makes sense tbh).

So yeah, I guess I'll do that.

https://www.pricecharting.com/

Should help you get an idea of the console stuff.

Sweet, thank you for that.

I’d list everything you have individually just under what the lowest identical item in ebay listed for, but it now of course.

you will easily make £££’s from a lot like that

So out of curiosity, you'd forego any kind of auction in favour of buy-it-now? Any reason for that? I was leaning on an auction just so the market will dictate the value.

One question I have for everyone: is there a standard way for shipping these? I've got a ton of spare jiffy bags but do buyers prefer it if, I dunno, you buy those little plastic cases for the cartridges (for example)?

Associate
That PS2 collection oozes good game taste :D Some of those should be worth some money. CEX is selling Persona 3 FES for £140. SH Collection £90 so there are some valuable titles in that collection.

See what the sold for price is on eBay for the titles and see what they fetched.

Caporegime
How many copies of Goldeneye 64 do you need? how come you have so many duplicates? have you been raiding charity shops?

Associate
OP
How many copies of Goldeneye 64 do you need? how come you have so many duplicates? have you been raiding charity shops?

I found a load in a flat I used to rent. They were hiding in the attic and figured since I'd lived there for so long I'd have *my taste*.

That PS2 collection oozes good game taste :D Some of those should be worth some money. CEX is selling Persona 3 FES for £140. SH Collection £90 so there are some valuable titles in that collection.

See what the sold for price is on eBay for the titles and see what they fetched.

Haha, thank you for the kind words :)

Soldato
So out of curiosity, you'd forego any kind of auction in favour of buy-it-now? Any reason for that? I was leaning on an auction just so the market will dictate the value.

One question I have for everyone: is there a standard way for shipping these? I've got a ton of spare jiffy bags but do buyers prefer it if, I dunno, you buy those little plastic cases for the cartridges (for example)?

I find auction too risky, I'd prefer a buy it now I am happy with.

Depends how quickly you want to sell, I usually list just under or bang on a similar listing so they go quick. If looking for strong money it will just sit there until the cheaper ones go first.

Soldato
Fun thought, with those Nintendo boxes you might get a bigger return trying to pick up the games cart only then sell them as complete, those cardboard boxes are a big deal now

Associate
OP
Fun thought, with those Nintendo boxes you might get a bigger return trying to pick up the games cart only then sell them as complete, those cardboard boxes are a big deal now

I realised this especially with Majora's Mask. I've made it a mini project of mine to construct a complete copy of Majora's Mask now.

Associate
I sold all my PS2 games and consoles. I've still got more to take to CEX. I can't be asked with putting them on ebay I've got plenty to sell as it is plus I need to de clutter sooner rather than later.

The gameboys are nice. I bought the first Game boy on ebay a few years ago for parts not working for cheap and I got it going again and has been working well ever since and I also bought a Game boy color. I was going to get a Game boy Advance but I decided not to otherwise I'll start hoarding so I set my limit to the first game boy and game boy color.

Back
Top Bottom