Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
IMG-20211014-111810.jpg

Ah the coffee and relish diet, very trendy in California. You should be into that size 0 in no time.

Soldato
Your fridge, like your freezer, should be a very dry place. But you are correct that the primary issue is the condensation upon removal and replacing back in the fridge or freezer. Freezing beans long term and then bringing them up to room temperature whilst still airtight sealed (thus preventing condensation) is a very good way of storing them.

I disagree and think putting coffee beans in a freezer is a waste of good beans. Each to their own though.

Keeping the beans airtight won't prevent condensation if there's moist air within that airtight container. If you're storing them in a vacuum then maybe things would be different though.

Soldato
I disagree and think putting coffee beans in a freezer is a waste of good beans. Each to their own though.

Keeping the beans airtight won't prevent condensation if there's moist air within that airtight container. If you're storing them in a vacuum then maybe things would be different though.
You only freeze them once - they go in warmer than the freezer contents, chill down, and once you take them (entire sealed container) out to defrost that's it - they're out. Use to split large batches up for long term storage.

Man of Honour
You only freeze them once - they go in warmer than the freezer contents, chill down, and once you take them (entire sealed container) out to defrost that's it - they're out. Use to split large batches up for long term storage.

I freeze some beans occasionally, its better if you can vacuum pack them before you do but you'd struggle to tell the difference in all honesty

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
New keyboard. The K780 was bought in 2018 and served well but the battery door clips have broken and the white bits you can see are that rubbery surface material that feels a bit weird over the years.

Liked the look of the new MX Keys...

mx_keys.jpg

Quite nice. Key feel is smoother than the K780 although key travel is similar and feel when typing, too.

Not a fan of the dark grey printing on the keys when the lighting is off though. Makes the keys hard to see in dim light so need to turn on the backlight which... uses more battery. Luckily the charging cable tucks neatly into the monitor arm so quite tidy on that front.

Feels strange having dedicated home/insert/page up/page down etc again :D

Soldato
Open coffee beans should not be in the fridge you heathen perfectly correct human.

(I was corrected by a chap further down).

Those are the cheap store bought beans that I give to guests. They just look nice on the shelf but I wouldn't dare drink them myself. All my nice fresh beans are kept in airtight foiled bags. You can just about see the corner of one in the picture

Think of them like a fake plant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom