• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6600 review thread

Associate
£400 for the MECH ....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? :cry::cry:

Why price your new budget card at a lower price to your previously new budget card when you can just raise the cost of said previous budget card up a notch.

GGWP

I'm surprised Gibbo hasn't chimed in yet, he was on the ball the past year letting us know what the score was with GPUs. Saying about AIB costs, price predictions and stock numbers. Would be nice to know if the stock received was similar to the 6600xt which took a while to sell out at the £350/£400 mark? The 6600s have just vanished.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
LOL! Intel are gonna do nothing but join their little club...

Correct. I fail to see why people forget how awful intel are in their business practices from the CPU evidence. They wont give a hoot about the consumers as long as they cream off the profit. Expect them to be priced like AMD (short in supply and way over MSRP).

Associate
Correct. I fail to see why people forget how awful intel are in their business practices from the CPU evidence. They wont give a hoot about the consumers as long as they cream off the profit. Expect them to be priced like AMD (short in supply and way over MSRP).
All that, plus Intel are just using the same limited supply: TSMC wafers!

Nvidia won't want to reveal numbers, but it looks like what started out as stinginess ("we don't want to pay TSMC's wafer prices") has actually worked out well for them. Although I rather suspect if AMD was able to use more wafers for the 6800 XT and 6900 XT then Nvidia's power hungry Ampere cards wouldn't be doing so well. Still, amazing that Nvidia were able to shift the narrative away from power this gen. That's very strong PR. Wonder if a 400W 3090 Ti will raise any eyebrows or was hot and power hungry a meme when it didn't apply to Nvidia?

Associate
This card does what a 3060 does but at 40 watts less. Miners will love it.

Trying to finish my wife's pc - hopefully these prices come down. I can't see it

Soldato
All that, plus Intel are just using the same limited supply: TSMC wafers!

Nvidia won't want to reveal numbers, but it looks like what started out as stinginess ("we don't want to pay TSMC's wafer prices") has actually worked out well for them. Although I rather suspect if AMD was able to use more wafers for the 6800 XT and 6900 XT then Nvidia's power hungry Ampere cards wouldn't be doing so well. Still, amazing that Nvidia were able to shift the narrative away from power this gen. That's very strong PR. Wonder if a 400W 3090 Ti will raise any eyebrows or was hot and power hungry a meme when it didn't apply to Nvidia?

Yeah you hit the nail on the head. Samsung was part luck, part circumstance; nvidia also hoping nobody remembers power consumption/efficiency! Probably the free mindshare propaganda did that for them, but very convenient this gen how its 'not important' yet RT is.

Soldato
Yeah you hit the nail on the head. Samsung was part luck, part circumstance; nvidia also hoping nobody remembers power consumption/efficiency! Probably the free mindshare propaganda did that for them, but very convenient this gen how its 'not important' yet RT is.

I think its this - the reason Nv might well be staying at Samsung ; they can actually supply what they want (not need, but want).

Soldato
LOL! Intel are gonna do nothing but join their little club...
not so sure on that one, inflated obviously, but they need to break into the market, all they have to do is sell slightly lower and their in. one thing have noticed since human malware is folk will buy any old tat and seriously inflated prices, due to one word. FOMO

Soldato
not so sure on that one, inflated obviously, but they need to break into the market, all they have to do is sell slightly lower and their in. one thing have noticed since human malware is folk will buy any old tat and seriously inflated prices, due to one word. FOMO

They should be reasonably priced if Intel produces their own FE versions but I doubt they will.

Its the AIB partners, component costs and everything in between that's pushing the prices up. Not AMD or Nvidia.

RTX was an example of Nvidia directly pushing prices up but this gens MSRP weren't that bad in my opinion. Its other circumstances that's working against us.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Hellhound version arrived today and more than doubled my FPS in PUBG compared to my RX 480. It also reduced my desktop energy usage by 20W and runs cool and quiet.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Its the AIB partners, component costs and everything in between that's pushing the prices up. Not AMD or Nvidia.
RTX was an example of Nvidia directly pushing prices up but this gens MSRP weren't that bad in my opinion. Its other circumstances that's working against us.

so nvidia making more profit margin then ever has nothing to do with them upping the price on the cards and the add in partners are just handing over extra money out of the goodness of their heart are they ?

end of the day everyone from nvidia right through to stores selling the cards have ALL added a few percent here and there to make hay while prices and buyers are being downright idiotic.

Soldato
so nvidia making more profit margin then ever has nothing to do with them upping the price on the cards and the add in partners are just handing over extra money out of the goodness of their heart are they ?

end of the day everyone from nvidia right through to stores selling the cards have ALL added a few percent here and there to make hay while prices and buyers are being downright idiotic.

AIB profits are up 80% since 2018.

https://www.techpowerup.com/286270/...oard-aib-market-hits-usd-11-8-billion-in-q221

Nvidia's profits are up 2.6% since 2018. That's lower than inflation.

https://finbox.com/NASDAQGS:NVDA/explorer/gp_margin

Last edited:
Soldato

Nvidia started it with Turing. This was before pandemic and supply chain issues + component shortages...

Back
Top Bottom