** Diablo 2 Resurrected Thread **

Man of Honour
Annoying that I couldn't play last night. I could log in ok, but my character had vanished. Not good.

I believe thats just because the login server was mucking about, I wasnt able to see my characters listed for a while because whilst I could log in I obviously wasnt able to see the available characters by the end of the night , once I was able to get in fully, all my characters were listed again

Man of Honour
Can't say I've noticed any issues logging in, even over the weekend. I was mostly playing WoW though but did dip in and out of Diablo II. Did the login issue only affect playing Diablo (ie, after you've logged into the Blizzard App)?

Yes, just Diablo, I couldnt log in for most of Saturday or Sunday but I was able to log in last night

Associate
When is the downtime due? I'm in game at the moment

Many people have been struggling to get online all day. They have a queue system in place whilst they are carrying out maintenance, but not letting many people in ... you must be one of the lucky ones. Better stay logged in ;)

Soldato
The Queueing is annoying. Often stops me having a quick game when I have a spare half-hour. :mad:

I knew I should have gone for an offline character.

Associate
I've barely played at all (I'm on quest 4 or 5 of Act 1), but in that short time, I've gotten booted out into the character select screen 3-4 times. It's really put me off playing any further. I don't want to be halfway through a dungeon and then thrown out and have to restart it again. So frustrating.

Associate
I've barely played at all (I'm on quest 4 or 5 of Act 1), but in that short time, I've gotten booted out into the character select screen 3-4 times. It's really put me off playing any further. I don't want to be halfway through a dungeon and then thrown out and have to restart it again. So frustrating.

Yup, which is why I have decided to play offline from now on. Are you planning on playing co-op with friends etc ?

Soldato
I haven't had many of the login issues others have, but I am considering just playing offline as I do tend to play solo and none of my friends are bothered about D2 these days (we all played it when it originally came out). Just a shame you can't convert an online character to an offline one. I can understand why you can't do it the other way (cheating etc).

Associate
Yup, which is why I have decided to play offline from now on. Are you planning on playing co-op with friends etc ?

I'll be playing completely solo, but the trouble with offline saves is that they're not on synched to my battle.net account, so then I have to manage my local saves manually on a USB stick or upload them periodically to some cloud storage somewhere, which is just asinine to me in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom