• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I have Farcry 6, Miles Morales, Borderlands 3, Ratchet & Clank, Astros Playroom, The last of us 2, Days gone and until dawn all installed with a couple of indie games too leaving me 196gb available.

edit- oh and ace combat 5 :p

Seems plenty of room ?
Yeah I say 3 at any one time but it's probably more like 9 at the mo. Still plenty of room!

Caporegime
I won't ever use ShopTo nor CD Keys. Both seem dodgy in my eyes.
Used cdkeys once a year for at least a decade to get a cheap PSN sub. Bought codes for credit as well in multiple denominations and added without issues. Also used for Xbox live Brazil codes recently. Codes received in seconds and redeemed via VPN.

Used shopto once for an instant PSN code. Took an hour or so for the code but still worked fine.

Unless you know a cheaper place just use cdkeys:p

rp2000

Caporegime
So why won't you use them? Why do you think they are dodgy?

We're going OT here so we should wrap this arc up. :)

ShopTo I hadn't checked out for years - at the time the website looked like something someone had knocked up in their bedroom so that put me off. But it appears more professional when I just looked, so they're a "maybe" now.

CD keys I used many years ago for Xbox Live Gold. They put my transaction on hold whilst they had to check something out, I can't remember what is was. Did I have to send them a picture of photo ID? I can't remember exactly. Then the email comes through with a picture of a scratchcard and the code on it. That just looked so dodgy to me - like someone had got a load of them off the back of a lorry and was manually scratching them off and selling them. I just can't get it round my head how sites can sell cards of fixed value at a lesser amount and still make a profit? Where are they getting them from? I always just pay face value and buy them from Amazon.

Soldato
We're going OT here so we should wrap this arc up. :)

ShopTo I hadn't checked out for years - at the time the website looked like something someone had knocked up in their bedroom so that put me off. But it appears more professional when I just looked, so they're a "maybe" now.

CD keys I used many years ago for Xbox Live Gold. They put my transaction on hold whilst they had to check something out, I can't remember what is was. Did I have to send them a picture of photo ID? I can't remember exactly. Then the email comes through with a picture of a scratchcard and the code on it. That just looked so dodgy to me - like someone had got a load of them off the back of a lorry and was manually scratching them off and selling them. I just can't get it round my head how sites can sell cards of fixed value at a lesser amount and still make a profit? Where are they getting them from? I always just pay face value and buy them from Amazon.
They buy the vouchers in bulk and there for can afford to sell them cheaper. You get a digital code. There are no photos of cards.

Associate
I just can't get it round my head how sites can sell cards of fixed value at a lesser amount and still make a profit?
Why would anyone bother buying and reselling them, and take the hit of fraudulent buyers, if they weren't getting them for a cheaper price than the face value?

I always just pay face value and buy them from Amazon.
You're missing out on a 15%-20% discount for no good reason.

Associate
Not sure if this is common, or if it works for other people....

Fired up PGA2K21 last night which I have had for a while on the PS4, and it runs great on PS5.
My brother got it via PS plus this month so we decided to have an online game.
Forgot I needed to be a PS plus member to play online, so when it gave me the subscription options on screen for 1 month, 3 months etc. I declined. (I was going to order from CD Keys or Amazon etc.)
As I pressed decline/dismiss, another screen popped up offering me the full year for £24.99, which of course I accepted.
Maybe it was because its the first time I have had PS Plus on the PS5, but whatever, I was happy.

Back
Top Bottom