TNT rant

Soldato
It's not really a rant but it is first delivey company that has messed up.

Ordered a gadget from company in Southampton on Saturday and it was picked up by TNT and dropped off at their depot down there -Not turned up yet - so did a chat today and guy said it missed the bus -it's still sitting here -He did apologise and said it will be on the next bus.
Hopefully I might get it tomorrow or Saturday -= Not really in a rush for it yet. - Also hope I never have to use it in earnest.

Associate
I know we are short of lorry drivers but sending parcels by “bus”. Better get my Christmas orders in as the buses round here are shocking!

Man of Honour
Does / didn't @Lopéz work for TNT? He'll be able to tell us what a "bus" is.
Used to.

"Bus" is a new one on me, in laymen's terms that is what has happened I suppose, it's "missed the bus" but the accepted term is "linehaul".
Linehaul is the large trunk vehicle that takes parcels in bulk from depot to hub or hub to depot.
The internal phrase for a parcel being left behind for whatever reason (and there can be many) is "missed linehaul"

TNT were purchased by FedEx a few years ago but still haven't completed full integration.

Soldato
OP
Lopez.

You win the internet bottle of Whiskey - There is a lot of young people on here isn't there. :cry:

I thought someone would put 2 and 2 together after they must have seen the Big TNT artic trucks driving around.

It's now half way between Southamption and here and should be delivered today - Then I can get playing.:)

Caporegime
If it’s anything like most parcel carriers at the moment, the parcel is probably sat on a trailer waiting for a driver to take it, most already have huge backlogs due to the driver shortage / COVID / aliens / crap management etc and things will only get worse towards Christmas unfortunately…..

Associate
For anyone that interested, And I know this because I use them for my business..

TNT is slowly migrating to Fedex as stated above. This is causing systemwide issues, but its very hit and miss, and is not affecting everybody.
Last week, they also stopped completely ALL domestic UK deliveries for around 72 hours, something I have never seen in 25 years of using couriers.
Anything that had already been collected and was sat in a hub, had to be re-booked manually. You can only imagine....
Their systems have also had 3 full outages in the last week alone.

Having said all of the above, we are dealing with issues with all of the main couriers. Sign of the times.
Staff working from home does not help, as they have less accountability and come across as not giving a ****

Back
Top Bottom