What TV shows are you currently watching

Watched Catching a Predator which was an hours documentary on that guy Sinaga who drugged and raped over 200 men in Manchester.

So shocking that anyone could do what he did and hard to imagine how devastating it must be to find out that you were raped.

Soldato
James Acaster: Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 (stand-up show)

10/10

Didn't realise this stand up show existed but I loved it, very thought provoking too. I'm quite impressed by the whole structure of the show, especially as the show goes on. Well worth a watch.

Soldato
Just finished rewatching the whole of Six Feet Under, a US drama from the early 2000s- all five series. I really enjoyed it, and so dud my wife who didn't see it first time around.

It's about a family undertakers business, and is a pretty straight drama about all the family issues.

It was just as good as I remembered. It hasn't aged at all.

Soldato
Currently watching The Chestnut Man (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10834220/).

It's been on mentioned on here recently so I won't write much about it, but it is a solid crime drama as the Scandinavians do so well. It gets 8/10 on IMDB, and it's been that for me so far. I would rate it little less than something like The Sinner purely because it's not as dark, but it worth it. Incidentally The Sinner gets a 7.9, but it has lost ratings due to the second and third series. When it was released it got an 8.1.

I've had a good week of series so far with this and The Billion Dollar Code. It's not every week you get to watch two 8-plus rated shows back to back.

If you like this and The Sinner, then I also recommend O sabor das margaridas / Bitter Daises (Galician), and Zone Blanche / Black Spot (French).

Last edited:
Soldato
The wire is great but takes a while to get in to it. I struggled to understand what anyone was saying to start with but you get used to it after a few episodes.

Associate
Evil Genius. Episode 1 was good. 2 was okay. 3 was boring and I fell asleep. Netflix keep brining out these crime documentaries and dragging them out over too many episodes.

Back
Top Bottom